US The 2020 Campaign for US President

Status
Not open for further replies.
Has anyone tried watching Newsmax? A video came across my feed and my curiosity got the better of me. Man, that is done scary stuff there. Made me very nervous! But then I do scare easily. 😩

• Informative
Reactions: Emma JC and Lou
Margins of victory for Trump in 2016
Michigan 10,000
Wisconsin 20,000
Arizona 90,000
PA 40,000

Margins of victory for Biden in 2020
Michigan 150,000
Wisconsin 20,000
Arizona 10,000
PA 60,000
On a personal note, my wife and I are especially pleased with Michigan - it's her "home state" where she grew up. Michigan has an east - west divide: The eastern side has Detroit and used to have lots of blue-collar jobs, a more diverse population, unions and car industry. The western side where my wife is from has a lot of churches and religious people, a whiter, wealthier and generally more conservative population, some furniture industry etc.

Although her parents moved to Indiana a few years ago, we took a trip up to western Michigan the week before the election so she could drop off her ballot, enjoy the autumn colours (breath-taking!), see some familiar places, buy "apple butter" (it's vegan!) and so on. We saw a lot of Biden - Harris signs in the front yards, even in neighbourhoods you'd suspect would lean the other way. It's good to see our anecdotal observations being supported by the actual election result numbers.

Last edited:
Has anyone tried watching Newsmax? A video came across my feed and my curiosity got the better of me. Man, that is done scary stuff there. Made me very nervous! But then I do scare easily. 😩

I haven’t watched it! What is it like? Lots of QAnon conspiracy theories and stuff?

On Georgia, I found out that elections are not usually called when there is a recount pending. Saw this on AP and New York Times. So the fact that Georgia hasn't been called does not necessarily mean that Trump has a good chance there. It's still very likely the recount will go for Biden. However, it looks like it will not be coloured blue on the maps until the recount is done - it looks like that will be in about 1 week from today.
Whoops- ! Did check for multiple sources before posting. Still wrong sorry!

Georgia has been called for Biden (and North Carolina for Trump) by ABC, NBC, CNN, BBC and the New York times (but not Fox) within the last hour or two.

So it looks like the final tally will be 306-232 (TBC),.

Reactions: Emma JC and KLS52
ATLANTA (AP) — Georgia’s top elections official on Friday certified results showing Joe Biden won the presidential race over Republican President Donald Trump.

Link: Georgia Secretary of State certifies election for Joe Biden
but now there is this

• Angry
Reactions: PTree15 and KLS52
When has legal or not stopped Trump?
I'm sure it's unethical. and from my point of view it's scary.
Won't work. It would set a precedent that would undermine the whole election process: The losing candidate (Republican or Democrat) appealing to state governors to overturn a democratic election by re-selecting the Electors.

Won't work. It would set a precedent that would undermine the whole election process: The losing candidate (Republican or Democrat) appealing to state governors to overturn a democratic election by re-selecting the Electors.
Ha! Optimism! I remember that.

• Haha
Reactions: KLS52 and Sax
Don´t worry everyone, he has to overturn three states. Almost certainly not going to happen.

Whew. I was a little bit worried.

Republican legislatures behave ethically and show some backbone.

"As legislative leaders, we will follow the law and follow the normal process regarding Michigan's electors, just as we have said throughout this election," Senate Majority Leader Mike Shirkey and Michigan House Speaker Lee Chatfield said in a joint statement after the meeting.​

Status
Not open for further replies.