US The 2020 Campaign for US President

Status
Not open for further replies.
11/24/2020

Pennsylvania has certified its election results for Biden:

"WASHINGTON (Reuters) - Pennsylvania has certified its Nov. 3 election results, finalizing Democrat Joe Biden as winner of the U.S. presidential contest, the state’s governor said on Tuesday, cementing Biden’s victory in the key political battleground state."

Link: Pennsylvania finalizes U.S. election results for Biden: governor

A 2nd recount is being done in Georgia, but Biden doesn't need Georgia's 16 electoral votes to solidify his victory.

I just heard this on the radio. @Brian1 you are better than my NewsFeed.

Also heard on the radio: Trump's strategy is to cause so much confusion the election goes to the House to certify. Although I can't see them voting for Tump - most of them are Dems. Unless they meant the State Houses.

I just heard this on the radio. @Brian1 you are better than my NewsFeed.

Also heard on the radio: Trump's strategy is to cause so much confusion the election goes to the House to certify. Although I can't see them voting for Tump - most of them are Dems. Unless they meant the State Houses.
Even when this is over, and Trump is defeated, he still "wins".

All this drama serves to increase his notoriety among his core constituents. He will have a prosperous post-presidential career as a loud-mouthed demagogue and media figure.

• Agree
Reactions: Brian W and PTree15
Even when this is over, and Trump is defeated, he still "wins".

All this drama serves to increase his notoriety among his core constituents. He will have a prosperous post-presidential career as a loud-mouthed demagogue and media figure.

Yesterday I heard someone say Trump's gotten more attention than any person in human history. And it's still not enough for him! What a bottomless pit of a human being.

This is somebody's take on the issue from another forum I belong to:

"<They allege that absentee voting — which required an excuse from a set of allowed reasons — was rebranded as no-excuse mail-in voting “absent any constitutional authority.”

The Republican-controlled state Legislature responded, in legal filings, that the case should be dismissed because Act 77 didn’t alter the requirements of who constitutes a qualified voter, and that the Legislature is constitutionally authorized to prescribe the method by which those electors may cast their votes.

Lawyers for the state and governor noted that Act 77 said all constitutional challenges were to be brought within 180 days of effective date, which “came and went without any facial challenge to the constitutionality of Act 77’s provisions.”

“At no time during the 180-day period, the run-up to the primary election, or the runup to the general election did Petitioners (or anyone else) claim in any proceeding that Act 77 was unconstitutional on its fact,” the state’s lawyers wrote, noting that Mr. Kelly and Mr. Parnell ran in the 2020 primary and general election, “presumably garnering votes cast on the same mail-in ballots that they now claim to be unconstitutional.”>

1) the status of no voter's ballot is changed; 2) 77 is law now, and the law built in its own protection mechanism to such a challenge, and that ship [180 days] has sailed. More fundamentally, to argue from side issues [as opposed to arguing the fact on its face] that essentially somehow the legislative body is not legitimate now is a fatally flawed argument (from its very premise) that no serious person is entertaining. There's nothing there. It's desperate and twisted, and incompetent. It's an embarrassment."

11/27/2020:

U.S. appeals court rejects Trump campaign's Pennsylvania election case

(Reuters) - A federal appeals court on Friday rejected a request by U.S. President Donald Trump’s campaign to block President-elect Joe Biden from being declared the winner of the battleground state of Pennsylvania, dealing another significant setback to Trump’s bid to overturn the results of the Nov. 3 election.

Link: U.S. appeals court rejects Trump campaign's Pennsylvania election case

For the benefit of those of you outside the US.

Barring any new developments that could potentially change the outcome of the election, here are two dates to remember:

1. December 14: Electoral college voters meet in Washington, D.C. to certify the election. If they don’t “go rogue” and do their jobs properly, they’ll certify the election for Joe Biden, since he has 74 more EC votes than Trump. Once that happens, it’s done, over, official, signed, sealed and delivered, nothing more can be done to change anything.
2. January 20: Inauguration Day. The swearing-in ceremony ccurs at 12:00 noon, EST. Once Joe Biden is sworn in, Donald Trump will be a private citizen again, and he’ll lose most of the privileges and protections he currently has as president, including immunity from state prosecutors.

I recommend stocking up on popcorn. Lots and lots of popcorn.

3C13133C-A247-4DE6-B274-C26E142A4346.gif

This reminds me of a book where you get to the last chapter and you think everything is resolved. but then something else happens and it turns out there is a sequel that you have to read, too.
I hate to comment this way, but Trump's narcissism is gravely apparent. Mental illness can affect anyone, even prominent people. Everyone is wrong, except for him. Everyone associated with the voting process, and the state/federal courts, is conspiring against him. Despite his lawyers' lack of evidence, he still insists that the election was rigged. How does a sane, grown man believe and behave this way?

Last edited:
I hate to comment this way, but Trump's narcissism is gravely apparent. Mental illness can affect anyone, even prominent people. Everyone is wrong, except for him. Everyone associated with the voting process, and the state/federal courts, is conspiring against him. Despite his lawyers' lack of evidence, he still insists that the election was rigged. How does a sane, grown man believe and behave this way?
Read Mary Trump’s book. It’s an eye-opening account of how Donald Trump became Donald Trump.

For the benefit of those of you outside the US.

Barring any new developments that could potentially change the outcome of the election, here are two dates to remember:

1. December 14: Electoral college voters meet in Washington, D.C. to certify the election. If they don’t “go rogue” and do their jobs properly, they’ll certify the election for Joe Biden, since he has 74 more EC votes than Trump. Once that happens, it’s done, over, official, signed, sealed and delivered, nothing more can be done to change anything.
2. January 20: Inauguration Day. The swearing-in ceremony ccurs at 12:00 noon, EST. Once Joe Biden is sworn in, Donald Trump will be a private citizen again, and he’ll lose most of the privileges and protections he currently has as president, including immunity from state prosecutors.

I recommend stocking up on popcorn. Lots and lots of popcorn.

View attachment 22992
Trump's campaign attorney, Jenna Ellis, now says that they will appeal their case to the Supreme Court. Ratings, ratings, ratings! Advertising, merchandising! What a show. In fresh blow to Trump, U.S. court rejects Pennsylvania election case

Reactions: Brian W
Reactions: Emma JC
Reactions: KLS52
Status
Not open for further replies.