US The 2020 Campaign for US President

Status
Not open for further replies.
Apart from that they made Dump president, you mean.
A believe a majority of the white females who voted, did vote for Trump, but if you look specifically at white, educated, urban females, I would be a bit surprised if they voted the same way. Is that really the case?

A believe a majority of the white females who voted, did vote for Trump, but if you look specifically at white, educated, urban females, I would be a bit surprised if they voted the same way. Is that really the case?

I agree with your analysis!
Looking again at the analysis, it is not broken down that way, but what is broken down is that the majority of white people with college grad did vote for Clinton, so I retract my earlier claim and apologize to everybody offended!

Never was a betting man but knew a few bookmakers in my time. Here is what the money says:p, surprised to see Booker down in the odds.

PredictIt

Interesting comments by Trevor Noah, specifically on Cory Booker's veganism

Trevor Noah Defends Vegan Cory Booker Against Fox News’ Silly Scandal

Trevor Noah said:
“I feel so bad for people that take Fox News seriously,” Noah said. “It’s got to be so much work because they’re always telling you that the Democrats are coming for your [expletive]. You gotta stockpile a lifestyle supply of meat; you’ve gotta stockpile guns; you’ve gotta keep your fossil fuels, your bibles, American flags, [and] Confederate statues. There must be one closet at your house that’s just chaos. Fox News is like reverse Marie Kondo. Just put everything in your house as long as it sparks rage.”

Here's a candidate you may not have heard of:
Glittering coastal cities such as Los Angeles, San Francisco, New York and Washington are becoming richer and more influential, attracting more jobs, better hospitals and schools, and technology. Small towns and rural communitiesare falling further behind, feeding a sense that, to paraphrase LP Hartley, the coasts are a foreign country – they do things differently there.

Andrew Yang, a New York and Silicon Valley entrepreneur and David taking on multiple Goliaths in the Democratic race for the White House in 2020, is here to tell you that it’s about to become much, much worse – and that is why he is running for president.
More:
Andrew Yang: the 2020 candidate warning of the rise of robots (24. Feb. 2019)

He makes good points.

He does indeed make some good points but all these business people want to do direct from being in business to a run for the Presidency without any previous experience.

Not aiming this at Andrew Yang specifically, but I'd be more inclined to support them if they

worked in a Washington job first, or as a senator or some other political experience

and/or

spent a year or two traveling the 50 states and talking to people

and/or

spent a year or two reading books and articles and scientific studies and interviewing policy experts to really understand issues

and/or

spent a year or two traveling the world and living abroad, studying other countries political and welfare systems to learn from them, and help them later in foreign policy issues.

Any presidential candidate without much career in politics ought to at the very least have spent a few days reading and thinking and talking to people about all of the key issues: abortion, gun rights, health care, immigration, climate change, foreign policy, military, education etc etc. You get the sense sometimes that on about half of these issues these business people don't have a clue and are trying to pick up stuff and develop opinions on the campaign trail.

Someone should do an in-depth interview with him about those issues he has not relevant personal experience in, and hasn't given a statement on, and see how he does, then we would know how seriously to take him.

TLDR News has just started making videos about US politics, and the first one is on why Trump will be re-elected:

.... despite having the lowest average approval rating (39%) of any recent president, lower than Carter and Truman by a significant margin?

• Wow
Reactions: Andy_T
Ambitious, indeed.

^Terrifies me that the lifeboat has Bloombergs name on it, we get on it and a few hundred yards off get kicked off cause he sold it to his donors.

• Agree
Reactions: Andy_T and PTree15
Status
Not open for further replies.