Taco Bell

Thefadedone, thanks to you, I went to Taco Bell today and had two bean burritos sans cheese, chips and guac and now I am sooooooo fuuuulllll!

Glad I could help feed a starving vegan. Plus I didn't even have to do any work by cooking a filling meal! :p

Well Taco Bell rolled out it's new menu. Unfortunately according to their ingredient list the black beans are made with chicken stock!!:bang: So much for having more options.

Disregard this post. Apparently I don't know how to read properly.:fp:

Oh...wait ...it's vegetarian chicken stock.

Black Beans

Water, Black Beans, Canola Oil, Onion, Vegetarian Chicken Flavor (Filtered Water, Yeast Extract, Dextrose, Salt, Corn Starch, Corn Oil, Flavoring, Onion Powder, Garlic and Turmeric), Granulated Garlic, Granulated Onion, Salt, Chili Powder [Chili Peppers, Spices, Garlic and Silicon Dioxide (Free Flow Agent)], Modified Corn Starch, Chili Powder (A blend of Chili peppers with not more than 2% silicon dioxide added to prevent caking).

http://www.tacobell.com/nutrition/ingredientstatement

That's what I get for reading it too fast. I saw Chicken Flavor and freaked out.

Reactions: RabbitLuvr
I know, I know. Fast food = evil.

All praise Taco Bell :devil:

o7ly4n.jpg

Thanks but no thanks. I'll stick with Subway and Chipotle.

:up:
I tried the Taco Bell "fresco" burrito and couldn't even eat it!
I know they're all different, but the Subway by me is really good!
I also love Moes. The even have marinated tofu. I'll do out of my way for that!

Reactions: thefadedone
We don't go to taco bell much my husband likes it, I am going to have the Vegan options next time we got and oh I like the cinnamon twists.

That's what I get for reading it too fast. I saw Chicken Flavor and freaked out.

No worries. Any time I saw the words "chicken flavor" in an ingredient list, I automatically quit reading. I probably would not have caught the vegetarian part. Since it is vegetarian, they could have used this to their advantage, calling it a spice blend, veggie stock or flavor kicker-upper. Chicken stock sound a lot less appealing than the three I just came up with.

:up:
I tried the Taco Bell "fresco" burrito and couldn't even eat it!

:eek: What? I eat them all the time. In fact, I had two fresco bean burritos for lunch today. I think they are awesome. Of course I drown them in the "hot" sauce that is not hot.

I like Moes and Tijuana Flats, too. A local place, Taco Bus, is the very best though, yum!!

When you mention Tijuana Flats, I assume you are in or near FL. Charlotte, NC had a Tijuana Flats for about a year and I loved that place. I really miss it. Definitely the best high end fast food place with veg options that I have seen. By high end fast food, I mean you actually get a platter of food, not paper wrapped individual menu items.

I had to look up the Taco Bus and I was impressed with their menu's vegan options. I don't know when I might get back down to FL, but next time I go, I'll make sure I find them. FL really impressed me with their vegan options when I visited about 2 years ago. My fav down there was Hakin's Vegetarian Restaurant.

No worries. Any time I saw the words "chicken flavor" in an ingredient list, I automatically quit reading. I probably would not have caught the vegetarian part. Since it is vegetarian, they could have used this to their advantage, calling it a spice blend, veggie stock or flavor kicker-upper. Chicken stock sound a lot less appealing than the three I just came up with.

Thanks for understanding the confusion. Yeah vegetarian chicken stock is not something I am used to seeing in an ingredient list.

:eek: What? I eat them all the time. In fact, I had two fresco bean burritos for lunch today. I think they are awesome. Of course I drown them in the "hot" sauce that is not hot.

Agreed. I have even bought a jar of their "hot" sauce from the grocery store hoping it would actually be hot. It definitely tasted nothing like those packets from the restaurant, but it was also nowhere near "hot".

Agreed. I have even bought a jar of their "hot" sauce from the grocery store hoping it would actually be hot. It definitely tasted nothing like those packets from the restaurant, but it was also nowhere near "hot".

I have tried the jarred stuff, too. Agreed, it is definitely not the same sauce. I think they licensed their name to some manufacturer.

What is really addictive is the red sauce that they use in their bean burritos. It's different from all the hot sauces (and better). That's what makes their burritos so addictive, in my opinion.

Reactions: thefadedone
When you mention Tijuana Flats, I assume you are in or near FL. Charlotte, NC had a Tijuana Flats for about a year and I loved that place. I really miss it. Definitely the best high end fast food place with veg options that I have seen. By high end fast food, I mean you actually get a platter of food, not paper wrapped individual menu items.

I had to look up the Taco Bus and I was impressed with their menu's vegan options. I don't know when I might get back down to FL, but next time I go, I'll make sure I find them. FL really impressed me with their vegan options when I visited about 2 years ago. My fav down there was Hakin's Vegetarian Restaurant.
Yes, I'm in Florida. :) Do try Taco Bus, I am addicted to their butternut squash tacos. They have lots of vegan menu items, and their daily special always includes a vegan option. I'm going to look into Hakin's.
:)