Survey-Veganism & the cost of living crisis

Annie4953047270

Newcomer
Reaction score
Lifestyle
  1. Vegan

Are you interested in participating in a university feature about veganism and the cost of living crisis?

I am writing a feature about veganism and the cost of living crisis for my university assignment and I am looking for willing participants to take a minute to answer few questions.
Please know that you can remain anonymous if the topic is too sensitive but you still want to participate.
Please follow this link to the form: Veganism and the cost of living crisis

Take you so much for your time, your help is truly appreciated.

I was spooked out of taking the survey because, somehow, it already had my gmail account name autofilled in.

I don't want information from the survey linked to any account I have with another organization.

It feels like a violation to have my account name automatically placed in that survey.

It makes me uncertain that I *can* remanin anonymous as you promise in your post. I didn't see a way to do that.

No disrespect to you @Annie4953047270 I have no reason to trust you. I don't know you.

If you want people to take your survey I suggest you redo it so it doesn't harvest any information from them without their consent first.

Hello! The survey does not provide your email address as I disallowed this feature in the settings as this information is irrelevant to me.
I do not know why google shows that you are logged in (possibly for personal gatekeeping and tracking) but it is unrelated to me and I will never get your email address information.

I hope this explains it, please let me know if you need any other help.

Untitled.png

1672495480537.png

When I clicked the link to the survey it had my gmail account name prefilled in. Next to it was a "switch account" option, meaning that the survey company would get some kind of account out of anyone who takes the survey: facebook, gmail, etc.

My strong suggestion is that you find a way to test the setting you set, because they aren't doing what you think they are doing.

I know what they are doing as the above pictures demonstrates. I also looked at it from a different account and had other people testing it and viewing it on their own devices. The survey provider you are referring to is Google who does not provides me your email and my university does not collect this information. I also had 25 people worldwide (number of them completely anonymous) who had not flagged this up.

Next to your email should appear an anonymous icon as well as text stating, "(not shared)".

I agree that this may be seen as a serious breach of privacy that Google does this but what you are saying is factually wrong that I harvest email addresses when it is clearly stated on the form by google themselves (not me) that you remain anonymous.

I was spooked out of taking the survey because, somehow, it already had my gmail account name autofilled in.

I don't want information from the survey linked to any account I have with another organization.

It feels like a violation to have my account name automatically placed in that survey.

It makes me uncertain that I *can* remanin anonymous as you promise in your post. I didn't see a way to do that.

No disrespect to you @Annie4953047270 I have no reason to trust you. I don't know you.

If you want people to take your survey I suggest you redo it so it doesn't harvest any information from them without their consent first.
1672499406966.png