Supplementing brewers yeast

avalon

Newcomer
Reaction score
Lifestyle
  1. Vegetarian
Hello. I want to start using brewers yeast as supplement since it has amazing nutritional value. Brewers yeast earned a lot of attention for it’s high complete protein content up to 48%, vitamin B and mineral content. In particular it is interesting in my opinion for it’s high amounts of choline which is cognitive enhancer, as well niacin and other precursors for production of NAD+ - most promising antiaging compound and energizer.
Taking them in tablet form is not worth it since doses are low. I want to order 25kg bag and plan to take 30 grams daily. But before that I want to know if there are any side effects of taking it at high doses everyday and what is it's shelf life. Read in one papper that it's better not to take more than 30g because not overdose on purines. Other than yeast was reported to be not so tasty so it would good idea to mix it into food such as soup.

Best bet would be one tbsp added to breakfast and one tablespoon added to dinner. that should be close to 30 g.

A 25 kg bag seems sort of excessive. Let's see... (number crunching)..... (more number crunching).... that would be like a 5 year supply.

A 5 oz bag which is sold at most grocery stores would last you about 2 months. It seems to me that size should be more than adequate. Bob's red mill doesn't even cost $6. So that's like 3 bucks a month. If you really wanted to save a few dollars you can buy it by the pound. At $10/lb. That would last you.....more than half a year. and only cost like $2/mo.

You can add it lots of stuff. I've never added it to my smoothies but I think I might try that. I frequently add it to the soup when I make it.