Supper/Dinner Time ! What's on the menu?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Leek and seitan pilaf made with brown rice and served with a drizzle of evo and a huge sprinkle of nooch.

An endive, red cabbage and avocado salad served with evo vinaigrette, raisins and nooch.

A strawberry ice cream made in my Ninja for dessert.

Chili mac and "cheese".
Earth balance mac and cheese, salsa, black beans, corn,peppers, onion,garlic, spicy tomatoes, daiya, follow your heart and hot sauce. Yum.

Last edited:
Reactions: hungryraccoon
Braised, sliced seitan served with mash and an endive salad with vinaigrette and nooch.

Berry ice cream for dessert.

This guy.
211770.jpg

Snow-day, lock-in, movie-night, pizza-party, sleep-over with my best buddy! :D I'll probably make some hummus, too.

Reactions: SuicideBlonde
Really wingin' it right now.... slim pickins for produce.... decided to make a wrap filling. Two cups of low-sodium veggie broth, into which I dumped a handful each of finely minced baby spinach & shredded carrot, minced a couple cloves of garlic & a couple radishes, added the remaining half a can of diced tomatoes, juice of half a lemon, the remainder of my (thawed) stuffed mushroom filling, lots of herbs & spices (concentrating heavily on curry powder & dill weed).... currently cooking rice in all that goodness. Smells amazing! :lick:

Update: Turned out like this....
photoalbum_485859900_user70471033-r4597724.jpg

Last edited:
I think I'm going to make something Indian today. :)

Reactions: ledboots
That sounds nice. I've never seen authentic Indian spices in the US shops. Do you make your own ?
First I have to decide what I'm in the mood for then I have to google a recipe. I'm not sure I understand "make my own"...if we are talking spices, I thought they just came in a bottle! Lol :)

I have some in the cupboard. I will take inventory and pick up whatever else I need when I go shopping today.

First I have to decide what I'm in the mood for then I have to google a recipe. I'm not sure I understand "make my own"...if we are talking spices, I thought they just came in a bottle! Lol :)

I have some in the cupboard. I will take inventory and pick up whatever else I need when I go shopping today.

I was wondering whether you ground your own spices.

I had a cream of leek & cauliflower soup served with a drizzle of evo, nooch and a couple of slices of ww, organic toast with evo spread.

A juicy mango for dessert.

I was so disappointed to discover the truth about Indian cuisine: that it is as complex as it tastes! There's no way I can duplicate those spices.

I use the tiny sweet curry leaves a lot which helps, I have a small curry plant. But usually get takeout if I crave Indian food tbh!

I was wondering whether you ground your own spices.
Ahhh, got it. I do not.

And I'm not feeling very ambitious. I looked at a lot of recipes online and didn't see anything that appealed to me. I'm feeling like something with coconut milk. Spicy (hot) but easy on the curry/ginger. I may just do something on my own and wing it. I want a coconut milk saucey dish over rice.

Last edited:
I do have a Restaurant that does take out. But these sound boring.
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1456600953.394841.jpg

Last edited:
Ahhh, got it. I do not.

And I'm not feeling very ambitious. I looked at a lot of recipes online and didn't see anything that appealed to me. I'm feeling like something with coconut milk. Spicy (hot) but easy on the curry/ginger. I may just do something on my own and wing it. I want a coconut milk saucey dish over rice.

269 recipes using coconut milk :;)

269 coconut milk recipes | Page 1 of 20 | Tarladalal.com

Reactions: KLS52 and ledboots
Status
Not open for further replies.