Suggestions for meat substitutes - Evalutation Green Stars Project

JayKayBay

Newcomer
Reaction score
Lifestyle
  1. Vegetarian
Hi folks!
This year I've been covering some of the better known meat substitutes on my blog, the Green Stars Project.
So far, I've covered the following (each one links to a post):
  1. Beyond Meat
  2. Quorn (which has a mix of vegetarian and newer vegan product).
  3. No Evil
  4. Tofu
  5. Tofurky
Are there any others that you'd like covered?
Especially if you have questions or concerns on ethics of the product and/or social & environmental impact of the company.

Thanks!
J

Field Roast
LightHouse
Impossible
Boca

Cool - thanks Lou.
LightHouse = Lightlife? ;)

It's good for me to sort through all of these and figure out the most ethical versions.
I do like Field Roast products but try to eat in moderation because they're easier for me to digest in small doses.
I occasionally pick up Lightlife smart dogs on a whim, but see online that they have new fancier "plant-based" sausages that are closer to the Beyond Sausage ingredients (i.e., pea protein and coconut oil instead of soy protein isolate).
Looks like these companies are all starting to take it up a notch!

Reactions: Emma JC
Yeah - Linda McCartney is a brand that I've thought of covering before.
I like these sausages but they contain palm oil and that needs to be examined..
Cheers!

It's a very popular brand in the UK supermarkets. Moreover it's been around for donkey's years. 👍

Quorn is also a very popular brand with a vast choice of products. Effectively,it has both vegetarian and vegan options.

Reactions: JayKayBay
It's a very popular brand in the UK supermarkets. Moreover it's been around for donkey's years. 👍

Quorn is also a very popular brand with a vast choice of products. Effectively,it has both vegetarian and vegan options.

I've covered Quorn before, and believe that they rate highly for social and environmental impact.
Especially the vegan burgers, which are packaged in a cardboard box - 5/5 Green Stars.

I'll get going on some of the other suggestions when I can find time :)

Reactions: shyvas
Loma Linda. I'm not an Adventist but I eat their products sometimes. I won a contest the first year I was vegan and got to choose two free LL foods. I love their vegan hot dogs, they're much better than Light Life.