Space Sciences SpaceX's Falcon Heavy Test Flight

Second Summer

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Lifestyle
  1. Vegan
I was just watching the recording of the live broadcast of the test flight today. Skip ahead to about 7min 54s for the actual video to begin.

It went very well! I was especially impressed with the landing of the boosters. The view at the last few seconds of "Starman" in Musk's Tesla in orbit is also quite amazing.

Astounding! So very beautiful, so happy it went beyond belief! Certainly not beyond Elons imagination though....
Glad his Tesla was red! My favorite! those cars are just phenomenally gorgeous for their class

Teslas are awesome! One of our old internet friends from way back in the day has a VERY nice high end one. He and his wife are both doctors so can afford one! :D

The owners son where I work got one of their 'suv's. I just love the sedans! Kinda wish they made a coupe

Watch the live feed from SpaceX’s Roadster-driving Starman in space :starshower:

QQ7IHUa3

Jer & I were watching some of this earlier... nice shout to Hitchhiker's Guide, too.... :cool: LOL

And it's playing Bowie's Space Oddity on an endless loop! :D (until the battery runs out)

:innocent:
For heeeere
Am I sitting in a Tesla
Faaarr above the world....
:innocent:

Last edited:
Reactions: Chryssie
And the next chapter........

- The Washington Post

Elon Musk attempted to write the next chapter in his quest to open up space to the masses by announcing on Monday night the first paying tourist that his company, SpaceX, seeks to fly on a trip around the moon. Speaking at SpaceX’s headquarters outside of Los Angeles, he introduced Yusaku Maezawa, a Japanese billionaire entrepreneur who founded the fashion label, Zozo.

“Finally, I can tell you that I choose to go to the moon,” Maezawa said.

He said he would invite six to eight artists -- sculptors, painters, architects and film directors -- from across the globe to fly with him on a week-long trip in 2023 that he said would lead to the production of art “to inspire the dreamer in all of us.”

Musk would not say what the trip would cost, but he did say that the design of the nearly-400-foot-tall Big Falcon Rocket had evolved recently, with the first flights to orbit coming in two to three years.