Sir Harry McNibblesALot

Lord Snot

Parsley Provider
Reaction score
Introducing my new bunny friend, Harry, also known as "Oh bunny, you're doing something cute!".

Bunny2_zps26af2c9d.jpg

Harry's hobbies include sitting in his hay bowl:

Bunny1_zps3ff616d4.jpg

Burrowing in his tunnel for hay:

Bunny3_zpscac99c6b.jpg

And his favourite of all... eating and drinking.

BunnyDrink_zps993402c8.jpg

He has a little run outside in my bedroom with some more hideaways and toys.

BunnyRun_zps406f313f.jpg

He is being vaccinated and neutered in the next few weeks and then I will find him a nice bunny wife, and then when they are both settled and trained not to dig up the carpet, they can have much more freedom in the house. But he seems quite happy with his little space at the minute :)

Thank you! Harry agrees with all those posts.

Beth, what age would you guess he is after seeing his size? The stupid pet shop told me 6 months but I don't think they know their arse from their elbow - I'm pretty surprised they correctly identified his species and didn't have him listed as a guinea pig or something. I'm going to ask the vet when we go on Wednesday too, but what do you think? He's really really furry, when I stroke him I can feel he is much smaller in body than he looks.

It's hard to guess age sometimes. He is probably young, if he feels thinner when you pet him. He will probably fill out a bit.
Have you seen testicles? I think those drop at around four months, but rabbits can retract them, so you don't always notice them.
Do his ears seem in proportion to his body, or do they look "too big"? If they look just about right, he's probably near his adult size, maybe closer to a year than to six months. If the ears look out of proportion, he's probably younger.

I think there are more laws regarding rabbits in the UK than there are here, but I'm not sure what the minimum age is there for a rabbit to be up for sale.

He's either a Himalayan or Californian, depending on his adult weight.

Oh yes, his ears do look a bit big for his body! I would guess four to six months. The vet might have a more accurate idea when you take him in.

Ahh so it seems they got something right. :) I did think he was probably born with his previous owners, since he was with his littermate and given up for adoption at such a young age. I'm just not sure because they don't seem to have given a DOB, just an approximate age. Thanks for all your advice.

He's gonna grow fast if he keeps eating this much though :D. He is eating a good amount of hay plus twice daily pellets and spinach. He's doing very well with the spinach and he loves it, so I'm going to move on and try some raspberry leaves from my garden. I also ordered some fennel for my next shopping delivery so that can be our third veggie experiment.

Just fingers crossed that all goes well at the vets and he's declared healthy.

Congratulations! He is very cute...and he has an awesome name!

Reactions: Lord Snot