Silly/Annoying/Funny Things Omnis Say

This is an actual quote taken directly from a political message board I frequent:
Fish is good for you, we are supposed to eat fish, Jesus was a Fisherman in addition to being a Carpenter.

If we weren't supposed to eat fish Jesus would not have been a fisherman.

Period, end of subject.

Reactions: sallyomally
my mom made a turkey a few days ago and she made homemade soup out of the left overs and my whole family was fighting over finding the liver bits in the soup....ick on a stick....and it was grossing me out...and I was asked if I wanted a small bite or told I didnt know what I was missing.....then to top it off the wishbone was saved and I was asked if I wanted to break it and make a wish.....I wanted to make a wish of course NOT with the bone but I wished they wouldnt have made/ate turkey and then wished on the bones.....shudders yick!!

peace, love and hippiness:)

My mother, after 7 years, still says: "I don't know what I'm going to feed you!", every time I visit her. My mom used to cook a lot when we were kids, but I think her heart isn't into it anymore. If it were she'd easily make me something I do eat.

My step-mother on the other hand always makes sure there are potatoes without milk or butter (for my vegan hubby), and loads of sides that we can all eat.

My Auntie: "God gave animals to us so we could eat them."
Me: " I don't agree, and I chose not to eat them."
Auntie: "What would you do if God commanded you to eat meat?"
Me: " Uh... say no thanks?"

Me: " Egg laying hens are treated horribly and crowded into tiny cages with no room to stand,turn around, or stretch."
Auntie: " They let them out."
Me: " No, they don't."
Auntie: "Yes, they let them out everyday."
Me: " ??"

Hey kids! They let the hens out for recess so they can frolic in the sunshine every single day! Good to know!

Reactions: danakscully64
Auntie: " I'm making turkey frame soup. You'll love it. It's full of vegetables."
Me: " But it's made from turkey."
Auntie: "No, it's not. I boil the bones and strain it. There's no turkey in it."
Me: "But you're boiling its bones and that's part of the turkey."
Auntie: " Boy, you are such a fanatic."
Me: " Yep. I reckon I am."

Auntie: " I'm making turkey frame soup. You'll love it. It's full of vegetables."
Me: " But it's made from turkey."
Auntie: "No, it's not. I boil the bones and strain it. There's no turkey in it."
Me: "But your boiling its bones and that's part of the turkey."
Auntie: " Boy, you are such a fanatic."
Me: " Yep. I reckon I am."

Ugh. That method of cooking soup always grossed me out. This is how my mom makes soup. It's only "real chicken soup" if it's cooked with the bones. It boggles my mind that she doesn't see how disgusting and awful it is to boil the bones of any creature!

Reactions: Vegetarian
Ugh. That method of cooking soup always grossed me out. This is how my mom makes soup. It's only "real chicken soup" if it's cooked with the bones. It boggles my mind that she doesn't see how disgusting and awful it is to boil the bones of any creature!

Double double toil and trouble, fire burn and cauldron bubble...

My Auntie: "God gave animals to us so we could eat them."
Me: " I don't agree, and I chose not to eat them."
Auntie: "What would you do if God commanded you to eat meat?"
Me: " Uh... say no thanks?"

Me: " Egg laying hens are treated horribly and crowded into tiny cages with no room to stand,turn around, or stretch."
Auntie: " They let them out."
Me: " No, they don't."
Auntie: "Yes, they let them out everyday."
Me: " ??"

Hey kids! They let the hens out for recess so they can frolic in the sunshine every single day! Good to know!

happy_hen_logo.gif

Reactions: ledboots
I was reading an article the other day and it mentioned what a nation of animal lovers the Brits are.:ttth:

at a grad party for close friends son....one of the parents said lets seperate the regular food and veggie food so noone gets confused.....doh and duh....yo-kay!!

Peace:)

Reactions: Destiny7777
"You're really naive' if you believe people are going to stop eating meat for moral reasons."

Okay then. I'll just keep being really naive' and supporting work that converts thousands of people to vegetarianism every year.

Why do omnis think I want to hear about their omni cooking methods? Ugh.

I love when a discussion comes up on a message board or something about the meat industry and how most normal, sane people won't eat dog there's always four or five completely deranged sociopaths who come out of the wood works bragging about how they've actually eaten cat or dog or would have no problem with it. I believe roughly 60% of these posts are just immature dick wagging by people who want to be rebellious or cool (because they're being oppressed so hard by the tiny minority of people who don't eat meat) but I have to wonder about the others.

Yes I have heard that too. Even more disturbing is Westerners who go and eat dog in Korea to not upset the local hosts. *hurl*

Reactions: Vegetarian