Silly/Annoying/Funny Things Omnis Say

When I first became veg, I wanted to keep a low profile and not get into stupid circular arguments with omnis.

Now I am at the point where I have started heckling them when they talk endlessly about omni stuff.

Reactions: shyvas
Because we need this thread, it was my favourite :)

On the phone to my mother, and she listed restaurant options as 'vegetarian, vegan, and ordinary'
200sn6x.jpg

:bang: Noooooooooooooooo!
@Dropkick: Please, please tell me that this is (a) a bad joke, (b) a bad joke or (c) some kind of hyperintelligent criticism....

An absolute highlight: "I only eat vegetables after they passed the pig on my plate" - Ommm, so you eat ****, darling? :eek:

200sn6x.jpg

:bang: Noooooooooooooooo!
@Dropkick: Please, please tell me that this is (a) a bad joke, (b) a bad joke or (c) some kind of hyperintelligent criticism....

An absolute highlight: "I only eat vegetables after they passed the pig on my plate" - Ommm, so you eat ****, darling? :eek:

I came upon this picture online. Supposedly it's a poster in a (New York?) subway station from a failed ad campaign that was only up for a day.
-however it could have just been someone playing with Photoshop.

Saw a bumper sticker the other day, took me a minute to figure out the joke that they were trying to make (I didn't think it was funny). At first I just thought "That doesn't make any sense".

The Bumper sticker:
"Save a cow, eat a vegetarian"

A couple of months ago, I had a friend come to stay. We don't get to see each other much so I was really excited and we spend a lovely summer London day. But it came to a head when she started badgering me with stupid questions and I ended up snapping. We fought dramatically in a bar, proper chav stuff (with her screaming at me across the bar that I'm a proper dickhead) and she ended up driving 100 miles home that night.

What made me snap?

Questions like:

'why do you eat yeast? Yeast is a living thing! What about bacteria? How can you eat anything with bacteria on, that's alive! How do you know they're not animals???'

and

'if you're a vegetarian, why don't you campaign for population control? I don't think you're doing enough'

and

'if I don't finish this [prawn dish] will you eat it? It's a waste otherwise'

I swear, she wasn't trying to wind me up, they were genuine and earnest questions, just fired at me with no chance to properly respond. For hours. In the heat. Even after I'd calmly asked her to stop several times. Haven't spoken to her since, kind of sad about it.

Reactions: Vegetarian
This from a so called "health and nutrition coach":

"We only need beef once a month to get the b12 and iron it contains, and some of the other aminos"o_O

A couple of months ago, I had a friend come to stay. We don't get to see each other much so I was really excited and we spend a lovely summer London day. But it came to a head when she started badgering me with stupid questions and I ended up snapping. We fought dramatically in a bar, proper chav stuff (with her screaming at me across the bar that I'm a proper dickhead) and she ended up driving 100 miles home that night.

Oh yally, sorry to hear that. Reminds me of a clash of eating culture I had with a friend two weeks ago... I phoned her yesterday. Turned out that our meeting just has been after a really, really bad hair day - for both of us.

Eek, yally, that sucks. It's always worse when that sort of thing comes from a friend.

Had the 'honey' talk with my future mother in law, during which she made 'if you say so' faces and claimed that bees weren't really animals. It only came about because she offered me some honey yogurt and then corrected herself on the dairy count, and my fiancé said 'and honey too'.

A least he understands...

I was flipping through the channels the other day and I came upon a show. I think it's called "Wife Swap", I've never watched it before, as I don't like reality shows. However the premise is that they take two separate families with totally different lifestyles and switch the wives for a (week - month?). From the little that I've seen of the show I also believe that they try to choose at least one wife who's a fanatic and/or a wack-a-doodle (to use the medical terminology). Sadly the wack-a-doodle they chose for this episode was also a raw foodist.
Where the problem came in was that she also believed that she could eat sunlight. She thought she gained nourishment through a practice called "Sungazing" [Wikipedia link] . The only reason she was a raw foodist was because she wasn't good enough at Sungazing yet to survive on it alone.
I didn't watch the majority of the show, but when I left she was telling everyone how we could solve the world's hunger crisis by teaching the starving masses how to stare at the sun.
I know insanity doesn't differentiate on what your diet is, and reality t.v. shows are going to choose unbalanced people because they make for better drama/ratings, but I wish that they would have chosen someone better out of the veg*n community to put on t.v.

newish friend: Noone can be a true vegan, we eat bugs all the time
me: like what?
her: anything thats red has bugs in it
me: nooo I dont eat carmine
her: ooohhh youre the first true vegan ive met them! most vegans eat bugs.

no they dont! sigh. another case of "outsmart the vegan". well at least she knows what carmine is???

newish friend: Noone can be a true vegan, we eat bugs all the time
me: like what?
her: anything thats red has bugs in it
me: nooo I dont eat carmine
her: ooohhh youre the first true vegan ive met them! most vegans eat bugs.

no they dont! sigh. another case of "outsmart the vegan". well at least she knows what carmine is???

That's actually pretty smart of her. Most people who I explain carmine to haven't heard of it, and they're either really freaked out or don't believe me.

I was flipping through the channels the other day and I came upon a show. I think it's called "Wife Swap", I've never watched it before, as I don't like reality shows.

There's a vegan episode that is just as bad. The woman is preachy, bitchy, and downright batshit crazy. She does a wonderful job at making vegans look like nutjobs (especially AR vegans) . Plus towards the conclusion of the show she eats meat.:bang:

Reactions: Dropkick
There's a vegan episode that is just as bad. The woman is preachy, bitchy, and downright batshit crazy. She does a wonderful job at making vegans look like nutjobs (especially AR vegans) . Plus towards the conclusion of the show she eats meat.:bang:

That show altogether is just plain weird. They always choose a relatively normal family and mix them with some incredibly crazy family. I remember this one family that drank raw egg yolks each night and got ridiculously offended when the swapped wife tried to refuse.

Reactions: thefadedone
I have only ever seen one 'reality' show that had a Vegan in it that I would be happy to represent Vegans. She was lovely. Every other veggie/vegan on 'reality' shows like Come Dine With Me and Wife Swap are nutters that make us look like idiots!

A girl on my FB is on a diet, shes pretty overweight, she says shes eating low fat....but meats ok cos its healthy

:fp: