Scared of the calories?

LadySoap

Newcomer
Reaction score
Lifestyle
  1. Vegan newbie
I decided to go vegan this month, I had already cut things like dairy and eggs before but now I definitely eat only vegan food. The problem is that I'm really scared of getting fat and eat too many calories. I had already this problem but now is more evident and my parents won't allow me to eat vegan anymore. They think that if I ate small portions of meat and eggs I will be healthier even if I don't eat a normal quantity of food, I really don't know what to do...

This isn't a vegan problem it's an eating disorder. You should see counseling for it and hopefully your counselor will understand your reason for going vegan granted it's not for losing weight.

The biggest mistake overweight people make is when they try to "eye out" the amount of oil required on their food and in doing so.. they end up poring too much oil.

My suggestion is to learn to use a spoon with oil to figure out what is the right amount for you, learn to enjoy physical activity before eating and the rest will work itself out.

I decided to go vegan this month, I had already cut things like dairy and eggs before but now I definitely eat only vegan food. The problem is that I'm really scared of getting fat and eat too many calories. I had already this problem but now is more evident and my parents won't allow me to eat vegan anymore. They think that if I ate small portions of meat and eggs I will be healthier even if I don't eat a normal quantity of food, I really don't know what to do...

More evident after just a month? What are you eating?

The reasons some vegans are fat/can't lose weight/get fatter is because they eat (or drink) too many calorie dense things that don't fill them up. Too much oil, too much (isolated-non whole food) sugar, alcohol and even overdoing it on nuts can make it hard to lose weight and even put it back on.

There are lean vegans who eat processed sugars and isolated oils in excess, but they are almost always burning those extra calories doing exercise.

Last edited: