Saying goodbye to my mum

CrazyCatLady

Forum Legend
Reaction score
My mum moved to America last week and I came out here with her. I fly home tomorrow and am already so sad. I wish I had my bf to look forward to seeing when I got home but he joined the army a month ago so I'l be going home to an empty house :'-( xxx

Aw, that does sound a bit sad. But it's also got "opportunity" written all over it! It could be a good time to realize your potential. Take a class, learn a new skill, start a business, join an organization / charity etc.

Reactions: KLS52
Wow, that's huge! Many (((hugs))) for you! And I agree with IS...try and see it as opportunity and keep busy. :)

Awww, things must feel weird. How long until bf is back?

I agree with Mr Summer. My husband has gone away for a month and I have taken the 'me' time to do some painting, which I've always fancied doing but never felt like I had the time. I'm also going to go swimming every day when my car is fixed, and I've been trying to arrange things with my friends so I am out a lot of the time and not stuck in the house moping.

I'm actually very busy atm so don't really need anything like that. I feel a bit better now I'm home though. I think I was very worried about having to say goodbye, but now that's done and over with. It's like when my bf joined the army, I couldn't wait for the date! Strange as it sounds, I knew when it was and just needed it to be over and done with. Making today my first day of eating vegan is helping so much. Having a clear out of the food in my house and making a food hamper for a friend who is very supportive of my choice in diet (but not quite ready to do it herself yet) so I'm glad it's not going to waste :) xxx

I thought this was going to be a really morbid thread :| So glad it wasn't what I thought! And it sounds like you're doing well :) On the bright side, you've always got somewhere to stay in America if you ever fancy a holiday :D

I thought this was going to be a really morbid thread :| So glad it wasn't what I thought! And it sounds like you're doing well :) On the bright side, you've always got somewhere to stay in America if you ever fancy a holiday :D
I know what you mean, I thought that as I was writing it. Couldn't think of what else to say though. It was horrible. Actually think it's better now im home xxx

So did I! I was hesitant to click on it for awhile.

Glad to hear that you are doing better CrazyCatLady.