Thyroiditis-Can feel my body giving up-Advise Needed!

Sproutskies

Forum Senior
Reaction score
Lifestyle
  1. Vegan
Just to add some context to the picture, I was diagnosed with hypothyroid/thyroiditis about a month and a half ago. The day I found out was the time that I decided to go full vegan and change my lifestyle a bit. It was obvious something was wrong with my body well before this and had moved into a minimal apartment really close to nature. Kind of nice to see a bunch of wild bunnies and trees every morning instead of the concrete jungle.

It seemed like the progression of inflammation, symptoms were mostly slowing down and that I was making a full recovery. For the past month or so after getting synthetic hormone my memory improved, fatigue went mostly away, was functioning in life again.

Now it feels like I'm on the way out and mother nature is swallowing me back into the void. In the past two to three weeks had a lymph node on back of my neck become very swollen and took a couple of weeks to go down. In the past week I'm getting more and more heart palpitations (seeing my endocrinologist tomorrow), neck feels brittle and pops every time I get out of bed. Breathing feels forced and causing more stress.

Have always been pretty active and fit, especially before this.

Not sure how to break out of this situation. Has anyone dealt with something similar?

Last edited:
  • Friendly
Reactions: Emma JC and KLS52
The symptoms that you describe must be very difficult to manage. I have 3 friends who all have a hypo active thyroid gland and they manage to keep their symptoms under control with medication. I would say that on the whole they all seem to be doing well as they are all in their late 60's/70's.

I hope that your endocrinologist will be able to give you some answers and the best possible treatment that is available.

It's been one year since this post. Put Hashimoto's disease into full remission 🥊. Power of the mind, god, universe, people doing everything to lead me in the right direction. This forum and all of you guys helped me overcome this obstacle. Lots of love and a new lease on living than the outlook before. Still have things to do before I go. I wish the same healing to anyone suffering and please don't hesitate to reach out to me. Lots of love to you all!