Sandwiches & Wraps

Lou

Forum Legend
Reaction score
Lifestyle
  1. Vegan
Huh. I'm surprised that this category doesn't already exist.

I went to the Trader Joe's and I was going to get some Flat Bread. All they had was Lavash bread. so I bought some.

the "slices" are really big. I cut one in half and put a Just Egg Foldable on one side and cheese and tomato on the other. Came out really good but I think I prefer flat bread in this particular use.

Anyway I have a lot more slices of this so I need some ideas. Seems like this might be perfect for Veggie Roll-ups.

My typical roll up includes hummus, lettuce, sliced olives, shredded carrots, chopped celery,

What do you guys use. And anyone have any tips or ideas for Lavash bread?

Hmm, I would just use the bread for regular wraps. Buffalo tofu or seitan wraps are great with a little vegan mayo, pesto, onions, lettuce and vegan cheese. Sometimes, I skip the cheese. Chickpea salad is great in a wrap, too, with whatever veggies you have. Also, falafel wraps with lettuce, tomato, cucumber, onion and a nice vegan tahini or tzatziki sauce.

Burritos would be good, too. I usually do refried beans, onions, vegan cheese, olives and avocado. I often skip the rice in burritos. Fold them up and just heat them in pan for a minute or two. I usually add a few dabs of hot sauce into the beans.

Huh. I'm surprised that this category doesn't already exist.

I went to the Trader Joe's and I was going to get some Flat Bread. All they had was Lavash bread. so I bought some.

the "slices" are really big. I cut one in half and put a Just Egg Foldable on one side and cheese and tomato on the other. Came out really good but I think I prefer flat bread in this particular use.

Anyway I have a lot more slices of this so I need some ideas. Seems like this might be perfect for Veggie Roll-ups.

My typical roll up includes hummus, lettuce, sliced olives, shredded carrots, chopped celery,

What do you guys use. And anyone have any tips or ideas for Lavash bread?
I dont know if you like sauerkraut, but I like some vegan bacon with lots of sauerkraut on it. I also like lots of chopped lettuce mixed with vegan feta with thinly chopped white onion. I make wraps, but I think I like corn tortillas for most things

Reactions: Lou and PTree15
I like flour tortillas. but not the really big kind or the small taco sized ones. My number one thing with tortillas is buritoes which I sometimes make a whole bunch all at once. I'll freeze them and nuke them.

the other thing I do with flour tortillas is use a sausage sauerkraut and mustard. quick and easy lunch

Reactions: Stardust1986
I like flour tortillas. but not the really big kind or the small taco sized ones. My number one thing with tortillas is buritoes which I sometimes make a whole bunch all at once. I'll freeze them and nuke them.

the other thing I do with flour tortillas is use a sausage sauerkraut and mustard. quick and easy lunch
I love burritos, on weekends I sometimes make them with many ingredients, and me and my young son enjoy them. By the way, I found something that goes with everything, an amazing ingredient, lentil soup, curries, stir fried vegetables, etc. Its called "fried chili in oil" its found in the international isle or chineese stores. Its amazing, but I fry cumin seeds with it