Request! vegan donuts.

VeganWolf

Newcomer
Reaction score
Lifestyle
  1. Vegan
I was challenged at my work to bake a vegan donut that can rival the best of the best.

The only caveat: the donut has to have good consistency, and not give itself away as vegan.
By doing this, I am proving to my non-vegan-baked-good-loving workplace that vegan desserts are good if not better than normal desserts.

Cooking With Plants also has a great recipe (video):

https://cookingwithplants.com/recipe/caramel-coconut-baked-vegan-donuts/
see the link for full instructions

Emma JC

Reactions: Lou and hopeful
Hi Vegan Wolf,
I made vegan donuts once and they tasted more like dense muffins - they were pretty awful.
I never thought I would be able to savour a donut again until my friend took me to The Holy Donut in
Portland, Maine. They are not strictly vegan, but offer a few vegan flavors. I thought I had died and
gone to heavan. Apparently the secret to their mind-blowing donuts is potato!
I just Googled vegan Maine potato recipe and found this...it says it's very time consuming but I'm
telling you, if you decide to try it, it's worth it. I'm actually kind of surprised that
The Holy Donut gave this person their recipe.
Sorry for the rant, but when I think about their donuts, I get excited. Fortunately I live in south Florida
- otherwise I'd be as big as a house!
Sorry, couldn't figure out how to attach a link, hence the screenshot. Good luck, please let us know if you
make them!!!

Attachments

• Holy Donut.png
    Holy Donut.png
    521.9 KB · Views: 4
Reactions: Lou
When I was a child (no, I won't reveal how long ago although the B&W pic on the left will give you a clue) the most desired donuts in town were called "SpudNuts" and they were made with potato flour. Only one place in Canada seems to be left that sells them and that is in Alberta, there does appear to be numerous place in the USofA.

Emma JC

Also, one of my favourite YouTubers has a great video/recipe for donuts, oil free (not fat free).

Reactions: Lou
Hi Vegan Wolf,
I made vegan donuts once and they tasted more like dense muffins - they were pretty awful.
I never thought I would be able to savour a donut again until my friend took me to The Holy Donut in
Portland, Maine. They are not strictly vegan, but offer a few vegan flavors. I thought I had died and
gone to heavan. Apparently the secret to their mind-blowing donuts is potato!
I just Googled vegan Maine potato recipe and found this...it says it's very time consuming but I'm
telling you, if you decide to try it, it's worth it. I'm actually kind of surprised that
The Holy Donut gave this person their recipe.
Sorry for the rant, but when I think about their donuts, I get excited. Fortunately I live in south Florida
- otherwise I'd be as big as a house!
Sorry, couldn't figure out how to attach a link, hence the screenshot. Good luck, please let us know if you
make them!!!
Thank you so much for this!! I'll give it a try!