Reasons why Facebook is evil

Soon, it will just be a bunch of 30 and 40 somethings posting what they had for dinner.

:rofl:

I'm still undecided about FB.

On the one hand - 1) it has become a good way to stay in touch with my extended family - who are all over the globe, 2) it has helped me to find old friends, 3) make new friends, 4) have interaction with people that I may not otherwise have, and 5) has to some small degree served to promote my creative endeavours.

On the other hand - it has taken the place of 1) simply picking up the phone and talking to extended family, 2) some of those old friends are long lost girlfriends and that (understandably) doesn't sit well with my wife - 3) I realize how many of my 'friends' political worldviews are diametrically the opposite of mine - ick 4) I get really irritated with the number of casual posts by people who think anyone gives a rats *** about them reporting the activity of their clearly mediocre lives in real time 5) I also detest those 'screaming for attention' posts that are so vague they may as well post in code.

I rarely post - because when I do - I want it to be somewhat meaningful, not just some random clever witticism that I hope everyone will 'like.' Perhaps I am not using the software as intended?

I have mixed feelings of facebook, I have friended or tried to friend old friends and they don't want nothing to do with me , so I enjoy the ones that does accept me. Anyhow , there are pros and cons.

Is Facebook going to ask me if I've seen EVERY tv show and movie? ugh.

I don't reply to those at all. The less info about me I give them the better. They just want that to target advertise.

Every so often, they ask me to put in my mobile phone number in the guise of securing my account. I'm always like "NOPE".

I've had the same single photo on my FB page for years. I didn't even put it up, somebody else did, without my permission. He just went ahead and did it. My sister thought I should replace it with a more recent, nicer pic. Sorry, ain't gonna.

I have a love/hate relationship with FB. I love it for the reasons that Poppy listed, and I hate it for the reasons that IS stated. I'm seriously conflicted...

Google is no better though.

Facebook is annoying. Google is terrifying.

I still use it for everything though

Facebook is annoying. Google is terrifying.

I still use it for everything though
Yes, that's the thing with Google, they actually provide some services that are unquestionably very useful, while at the same time collecting data on a (presumably) massive scale.

Yeah, I'm a huge fan of Google search and GMail, as well as YouTube, but I'm constantly ****** off that everything has to be tied together. Why am I forced to have a G+ page tied to my YouTube channel? Is forcing people to use G+ in order to use other Google functionality the only way they can get people to use it? Ugh.

gave up facebook a couple of years ago, best thing ever, people call me again instead of expecting me to read everything on facebook by default.

instead of google use another search engine, there are many, you soon get used to a different one, startpage is private, they search google anonomously on your behalf removing all your info and relay the results back to you the same way

Yeah, I'm a huge fan of Google search and GMail, as well as YouTube, but I'm constantly ****** off that everything has to be tied together. Why am I forced to have a G+ page tied to my YouTube channel? Is forcing people to use G+ in order to use other Google functionality the only way they can get people to use it? Ugh.
Since they're so intent on linking them together with G+, why not create one G+ account for each service? You can invent several new names for yourself, you can be older or younger, it's really cool...! Might make you feel a bit confused and schizophrenic though, so best to keep a list of all your different names and passwords in a file or something.

Since they're so intent on linking them together with G+, why not create one G+ account for each service? You can invent several new names for yourself, you can be older or younger, it's really cool...! Might make you feel a bit confused and schizophrenic though, so best to keep a list of all your different names and passwords in a file or something.

I already have too many things to keep track of. (I recently had to draw a diagram to see how all my social network things linked up to each other.) Just gonna go with it, I guess.

Yeah, I'm a huge fan of Google search and GMail, as well as YouTube, but I'm constantly ****** off that everything has to be tied together. Why am I forced to have a G+ page tied to my YouTube channel?

This annoys me as well.