Racial profiling ruled constitutional in the United States

Spang

Foot Fetisher
Reaction score

High Court Strikes Down Most of Arizona Immigration Law

Arizona’s controversial immigration law is largely no more. The Supreme Court on Monday ruled mostly in favor of the U.S. government when it struck down the bulk of the state’s notorious immigration law. However, the court did uphold a key provision of the Arizona law that requires officers to check the immigration status of people they stop or arrest if they have “reasonable suspicion” that the person is in the country illegally.

The vote on Arizona v. the United States was 5 to 3, with Justice Elena Kagan abstaining.

[...]

More here.

Various airports I have been through, all over the world use racial profiling. I always seem to get attention because I look like I am from middle eastern origin, and my mother, grandmother and brother get the same attention: searches, etc.

When I went away for my bros wedding, some of the airport security made me, my mum and grandma go through the body scanners and they told my father he was free to go through without being scanned. That happened twice. He is very white and blond with blue eyes.

Another time my mother was searched and had her handluggage hoovered and all her stuff examined, while my father wasnt even considered for a search.

^ Its normal for us.

My brother had this incident at an airport where they started up his laptop and looked through his laptop case and then said "Do you have a receipt for this laptop? Where did you buy it?"

He wanted to say "Yeah, like I carry the receipts around of everything I buy...."

True. It is.

I always want to refuse to go through those scanners, I find them really creepy for many reasons. But I am not sure if you are allowed to say no and you might open yourself up to worse stuff.