News F*** the police - in with the Peace Officers

I read the article but cant work out what was the protest about Mischief .

It was one of a whole series of protests after the acquittal of yet another policeman who shot and killed yet another unarmed black man.

You likely got booted from the group because your initial question smacks of someone trolling.

Well possible!

To be precise, the reason given to me was that I was removed from the group for claiming that the UK police is not as bad as the US police. I have not much to add to that reasoning, actually, other than, maybe, the respectful suggestion to compare numbers of people killed by the two respective police forces. :fp:

I was initially asking why everybody was dead set against having a police force at all, suggesting that in Europe police forces are seen as something positive.

The common agreement in the group (one statement most people who spoke out on the subject seemed to agree with) was that one lady said a relative of her had asked her whether her father/uncle was a bad person because he was a police officer, and her answer was "Of course. Every police officer is a bad person."

Again, I personally do not think that, were the current police officers (with all their good and bad aspects) abolished today in every country of the world, life would improve markedly tomorrow for left/vegan/lgbtq+/non-white persons, but maybe I am just too negative.

Last edited:
To be precise, the reason given to me was that I was removed from the group for claiming that the UK police is not as bad as the US police. I have not much to add to that reasoning, actually, other than, maybe, the respectful suggestion to compare numbers of people killed by the two respective police forces. :fp:

Yes, it's a freaking epidemic in the US. But to be fair, the UK is what, like the size of Delaware? There's a size ratio to factor in.

The common agreement in the group (one statement most people who spoke out on the subject seemed to agree with) was that one lady said a relative of her had asked her whether her father/uncle was a bad person because he was a police officer, and her answer was "Of course. Every police officer is a bad person."

I wonder if people who speak in absolutes realize how ignorant it sounds.

Edit: I'm speaking of the police in the USA of course. I don't have much insight as to how cops are in the UK or other areas.
Well, they don't have guns but then neither do the public have the right to own a gun in the UK. I'm not saying it's utopia. There are good and bad cops everywhere.

Yes, it's a freaking epidemic in the US. But to be fair, the UK is what, like the size of Delaware? There's a size ratio to factor in.

Looking at inhabitants, the UK has 20% the inhabitants of the US (about 65 times the number of Delaware, don’t know about the size), and 0.4 % the number of police killings ... so adjusted for population size, US cops kill about 64 times as many people per 1000 inhabitants as their UK counterparts according to the article...

Reactions: Dedalus
Looking at inhabitants, the UK has 20% the inhabitants of the US (about 65 times the number of Delaware, don’t know about the size), and 0.4 % the number of police killings ... so adjusted for population size, US cops kill about 64 times as many people per 1000 inhabitants as their UK counterparts according to the article...

I knew it would still be overwhelming. Sad.

I knew it would still be overwhelming. Sad.
I too feel sad but at the same time I am angry that the police in any country can think they can get away with killing people who are in police custody with little or no accountability. The whole policing system in the USA needs urgent reform from top to bottom. In fact the constitution too needs urgent reform, to make it harder for police and public to carry guns.