Quotes and books

JPL1957

Newcomer
Reaction score
Lifestyle
  1. Vegan
Hey...years ago I read a book on animal rights and it had an incredible quote at the first of it -- perhaps in the introduction, but I just cannot remember. The author of the quote talked about how we spend millions of dollars raising billions of animals, then we kill animals to eat them, which causes us health issues... He then concludes the quote by saying then that once a year we send cards to others wishing them peace on earth.

I have been searching for this quote and this book...and am coming up with nothing. Does anyone know of this book and/or the quote?

And speaking of quotes and books, I'm always interested in reading about veganism, animal rights, animal concerns, and the like. I'm currently reading Eating Animals by Jonathan Safran Foer, which is an incredible read. Had one of my boys read a chapter; once done, he wanted to read the book and exclaimed, "Well, I've just become a vegan!" But then that sentiment wore off...and so I want to inspire him all the more.

Thanks very much!

I have a book called PawPrints On Our Souls that I got from a used bookstore - by S. Francis. It's at least 20 years old, maybe older and then re-printed in the 90s. The reason why I mention it is because it is almost entirely quotes, and what you said very likely might be in there. It's kind of an odd book, has an early-veg 60s-70s vibe. Actually I did find it on-line, amazingly enough. IT'S FIFTY FOUR DOLLARS THOUGH. It was 1/10 of that at the used book store.

If this rings a bell or sounds like you want to take a look, you could browse used book stores, or contact Foley Publishing Co, the publisher, and ask to order a copy.

Now I'm considering selling mine as a collector's item. WTF.

Last edited:
I have a book called PawPrints On Our Souls that I got from a used bookstore - by S. Francis. It's at least 20 years old, maybe older and then re-printed in the 90s. The reason why I mention it is because it is almost entirely quotes, and what you said very likely might be in there. It's kind of an odd book, has an early-veg 60s-70s vibe. Actually I did find it on-line, amazingly enough. IT'S FIFTY FOUR DOLLARS THOUGH. It was 1/10 of that at the used book store.

If this rings a bell or sounds like you want to take a look, you could browse used book stores, or contact Foley Publishing Co, the publisher, and ask to order a copy.

Now I'm considering selling mine as a collector's item. WTF.
Thanks...I'll check it out. If you decide to sell your copy, I'll be interested.

Reactions: Forest Nymph
Thanks...I'll check it out. If you decide to sell your copy, I'll be interested.

Oh okay. Well I'm sure you don't want to pay 54 dollars for the one copy through Amazon. How interested are you in the book realistically and what do you think would be a fair price? Maybe we could arrange something within the next few weeks.

By the way, my copy is in very good condition. You can barely tell it's used. I won't say "like new" because it might have some minor defects (a crease in the cover or something) but it's shiny and clean. I could take pictures of it if you want.

Last edited: