Propaganda in mainstream news

Veganite

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Lifestyle
  1. Vegan
First thing I see on the CBC news page this morning: https://www.cbc.ca/news/health/milk-health-marketplace-1.5359954

Vitamin D deficiency because you don't drink dairy? Really? And then there's the old protein myth again. This whole story sounds like a promotion from the dairy industry. There's no question the alt-dairy industry is a huge threat to them. I would not put it past them to pay off The Canadian Pediatric Society or even CBC to publish a favorable review.

I remember that as a child I would get Vit D supplements. I still take a monthly supplement prescribed by my GP and wouldn't have thought that
dairy provides you with sufficient quantities. :confused:

Reactions: Emma JC
I honestly never expect corporate (aka "mainstream") media to ever be "on side" with veganism. If they do appear to be, it's only to plant misinformation to later use against it, or otherwise in an attempt to steer it into the ground.

The simple reason for this is monopoly. The masses of the general public do not have access to the things they sell, except through them. This includes not only animal products, but also things like pharmaceutical products and supplements. Products that are used regularly in daily lives are the products they need to convince everyone they need. People relying on non-exclusive plant foods that everyone can grow, and things like herbs to replace pharma drugs are big threats to monopolies and therefore must be discouraged and demonized at all opportunities. This is not usually done in obvious ways, but more subtlely through a variety of methods including through journalists, media, even bogus studies promoted by popular persons or well known institutions.

Reactions: FlandersOD