Professional Photography

_105618092_winner-david-lloydwildlifephotographeroftheyear.jpg
A photograph of a pair of male lions, entitled Bond of Brothers, is the winner of the People's Choice Award at this year's Wildlife Photographer of the Year competition.
It was taken by professional photographer David Lloyd, who saw off competition from more than 45,000 entries. A shortlist of 25 images was selected
by the Natural History Museum and opened to the public to vote for their favourite.

"I'm so pleased that this image did well because it illustrates the emotion and feeling of animals and emphasises
that this is not limited to humans," says Lloyd, who is from New Zealand but living in London.
"It is something I think more people need to be aware of for the sake of all animals."

The picture can be seen at the Natural History Museum alongside other highly, commended entries, four of which are shown here.

BBC News

Reactions: Deleted member 3018
That is a beautiful picture of the two lions. :smitten:

That is a beautiful picture of the two lions. :smitten:

Lions are gorgeous and have shown how they have similar feelings and bonds with others, including humans.

The above link in Steph.Sawyer Photography, has some beautiful landscapes. The one with the mountain and blue flowers is an award winning photo. Moreover, she is my cousin.;)

Reactions: KLS52 and Val
The landscapes are beautiful. Cool that you are related! :)

Here's a real man! Sergey Prokudin-Gorsky.:up: He was a pioneer in colour photography (at least here).
Sergey Prokudin-Gorsky - Wikipedia
This is a russian-language resource, but scroll down - and you'll see 64 of his best works of early 20th-century Russia and republics close to Russia. All of them are underlined in English.:clp:
1904-1916. Фотографии С.М. Прокудина-Горского (1863-1944)
Btw, @Amy SF , do you remember: once you showed me some collection of old photos.:hug: So, they belong to Prokudin-Gorsky.:) At first i recognized that Armenian woman in national costume and people from Samarkand, and then remembered the others.:leer:

Reactions: Amy SF
a4bf0599-ed7b-461c-936d-6acccc99dd6b.jpg

A House on Skye

After a morning of photographing the quaint beach of Elgol, I drove back to Portree in rather intermittent weather.

This scene caught my eye in the rear view mirror so I pulled over, composed by aligning the trees, little white house and mountain, and

took the shot just in time before the rainbow disappeared.

The British Photography Awards - Thomas Roberts

shyvas that photo is amazing!

It's amazing. The photo received the best landscape award and was taken on the beautiful Isle of Sky, Scotland.

Lavender-Princesses-Alexandra-Robbins-Peoples-Choice-Domesticated-Animal-Photography-768x512.jpg

The Best British Photography Awards.

Best Domesticated Animal Photographer – People’s Choice: Alexandra Robbins, Lavender Princesses