Products you had no idea WERE vegetarian

Side note/question:
^ But in the US, Parm can be vegetarian, as Parmesan is not a protected designation here.
How come Champagne, and Roquefort are protected names in the U.S. but Parmesan isn't?

Side note/question:

How come Champagne, and Roquefort are protected names in the U.S. but Parmesan isn't?
"Champagne" is allowed to be used by part of California because years ago they helped out Champagne, France with some grapes after a drought. Roquefort and Parmesan, yuck I don't care. :)

Reactions: thefadedone
I've seen those ready made pastas, and they never seem worth the price. Happily surprised there are so many vegan options, though.

I buy Barilla pasta because I've noticed vegan pasta recipes on their boxes! I appreciate the seemingly obligatory "cheese" left out!

I think I'll send an appreciation e-mail for this! Although I'm not about to buy ready made pasta...

Oh good idea! :up: I'm not a pasta person in general so these really don't appeal to me at all, but it's cool that it's there for others.

I've seen those ready made pastas, and they never seem worth the price. Happily surprised there are so many vegan options, though.
:yes:

Pot Noodles and Hartley's Lemon Lime Jelly Pots.
...and they are...? o_O

Pot noodles sound so good! I'm not even going to look them up, I want someone here to describe them!
Same with the lemon lime jelly pots!

Pot noodles- after you make something savory in a pot, you add hot, wet noodles to it, so they deglaze all the yummy bits of salty, onions and stuff.

Pot Noodles are all made with textured soya protein. Not sure if they're vegan, but definitely vegetarian. Hartley's jelly pots are gelatin free, but the red and orange ones contain carmine, so the only one I'm certain is veggie is the lemon lime one.

I think the 'beef' ones are. The chicken ones have milk in them.

Pot Noodles are instant snack pots. I assume the US counter part would be 'cup o noodles'?
Its like dried noodles with soya bits and the odd pea/sliver of carrot in there, with a powder when you add hot water the powder makes a thick sauce and cooks the noodles.

Yeah..I meant to put 'the beef ones are vegan' :p

I love how that sounds. Such an oxymoron type of thing to say!

Yes xD my boyfriend looked at me like I was daft when I said 'the chicken noodles are vegan' to him.

That's another one, actually - Sainsbury's chicken noodles (the 29p ones).

Pilsbury crescent rolls are vegan. Perfect for vegan pigs in a blanket. :lick:

They are? I need to eat about three tubes of those now. What do you use for the "pig" part? Is there a vegan version of little-smokies?

Edit: Also, I don't care how many times I see/hear hot-dog-wrapped-in-bread referred to as a "pig in a blanket," to me pigs in blankets will always be ground meat (substitute crumbles!) with rice, tomatoes, and seasonings wrapped in cabbage leaves.

They are? I need to eat about three tubes of those now. What do you use for the "pig" part? Is there a vegan version of little-smokies?

Edit: Also, I don't care how many times I see/hear hot-dog-wrapped-in-bread referred to as a "pig in a blanket," to me pigs in blankets will always be ground meat (substitute crumbles!) with rice, tomatoes, and seasonings wrapped in cabbage leaves.

Neither of those is a pig in a blanket. It's a sausage wrapped in bacon.