Prodigal Daughter?

Thalia

Newcomer
I was a VBer from about 200-2006 and then vanished. I'm looking into discussing this topic again partly because my omni husband is starting down the veg*n path and I need some community to prevent any more lapses into seafood. I recognize some old names. :)

The first time I ever mentioned to my husband that I was vegetarian was in 2008 and he admits he was disappointed and made assumptions about me. I remember him bringing up the PETA episode of ********! However, over time, he has grown to love my two cats and last year adopted a kitten of his choosing he adores. I rarely talk about animal cruelty with him unless he brings it up but he's been researching it on his own. He first gave up beef, and now pork. He is currently working on a paper about vegetarianism for school. It probably helps that we never have meat in the house so he already is used to eating that way. Maybe I'll have a partner in going vegan in the future!

Thalia! What a nice surprise! Very glad to see you again!

I guess if you've been gone since 2006 then you've missed out on a lot of things ...! I'm not really sure where to begin!

We actually met in real life at a VB meetup in 2005 I think it was, at Cedar Point.

Edit: This thread may be of interest.

Back