Vegan Potato pancakes!

silva

Forum Legend
Reaction score
These have been my families favorite for so long when I used an egg for binder. All the recipes I've tried to make them vegan just weren't what we liked.
Finally, I thought to use ground flax! Perfect!

1 heaping T. of ground flax seeds mixed with about 1/2 cup water to glop.
4 large grated potatoes
1 large onion chopped
mix these together, than add about1/2 to 3/4 cups flour. Till it comes together and holds it's shape as a pattie. Fry in shallow oil, flipping once when browned.

These are the thicker kind. Much better than when I tried starch as a egg sub.

Serve with applesauce!

• Love
Reactions: bEt
flax seeds. sweet. here I need help.

I won a bunch of Bob's Red Mill gluten free stuff awhile back
including a bag of flax seeds.

How do I grind these up?
(as if you are talking to someone who doesn't enter the kitchen often :wave: )
AND
when I add them to a green smoothie for example, would I grind them up before I put them into the food processor?

Please be nice.

Wow, lucky you! I love Bob's! I use his seeds :p, and wheat gluten, and also the mixed bean soup mix!
I have a mini blender-- like the Bullet, but cheaper! I grind as needed, or maybe a weeks worth, and keep in the fridge. The bag I also keep in the fridge.
I find it's best to grind them first- you could just put them in the blender and whir them before other stuff. If you add everything at once I don't think they really get ground.

What's with the 5k everyday?

Reactions: Destiny7777
Wow, lucky you! I love Bob's! I use his seeds :p, and wheat gluten, and also the mixed bean soup mix!
I have a mini blender-- like the Bullet, but cheaper! I grind as needed, or maybe a weeks worth, and keep in the fridge. The bag I also keep in the fridge.
I find it's best to grind them first- you could just put them in the blender and whir them before other stuff. If you add everything at once I don't think they really get ground.

What's with the 5k everyday?
thanks for the help! I appreciate it, really!

I challenged myself this year to log an average of 3.1 miles each day of the year - no matter what.
so far so good!

thanks for the help! I appreciate it, really!

I challenged myself this year to log an average of 3.1 miles each day of the year - no matter what.
so far so good!

That's very impressive!
I thought maybe that was what you meant :dance: then I thought...nahhhh!