Post Something Cool From The Internet

Ooo! This is the real stuff!😁 Thanks!:hug: I was just going to say that i've always liked shots by Subaru more than by Hubble, Spitzer (telescope) or Chandra (observatory), and i accidentally found this! ("Spitzer-Hubble-Chandra composite of M101"):
...and this ("...composite of IDCSJ1426.5+3508").

Reactions: Blues
Look!🤓 A video footage made in 1896, restored with neural networks. Looks so realistic! (A russian dude Denis Shiryaev made it).
"Moscow, Tverskaya street in 1896". +info.
IMG_20200228_200333.jpg

Reactions: Andy_T
Haha, prikol! (From VK).😝
It's written here: "Entering the woods as a human, don't come back as a swine. Take your garbage away!"
IMG_20200306_235529.jpg

Now I feel stupid!
Yeah, it's Bella Devyatkina, a russian girl who started studying foreign languages at the age of 2. But in this video she's not 4, because she was 4 last year (or even earlier), and she wasn't that fat! Plus it looks like her mother approves her daughter's idiotic behaviour (her mother is also her manager, and they have obtained a lot of money already, making Bella take part in multiple shows). Previously Bella acted smarter, but she has always been swinging from side to side like an autistic person, though she's not. I'm not criticizing them in any case, as everyone earns money the way he can (and as soon as it's legal, i'm ok with it), but i think that they could have worked on Bella's image, because very soon it won't be working. Anyway, speaking 6 foreign languages (not counting russian) since the age of 2 is something fantastic for me (while i can't speak one foreign language properly). In general, i agree, Bella is a wonder, but her image is not.

Last edited:
  • Informative
Reactions: Brian W
From VK. "Old Russian vs. modern Russian" (it's about how primitive the language has become). On the left - are old names for these vessels; on the right - is the same name that we would call them nowadays (plus many other items, lol). ...well, people are not getting smarter, apparently:
"Gorshok - Gorshok
Yendova - Gorshok
Kanopka - Gorshok
Kan'djushka - Gorshok
Korchaga - Gorshok
Krynka - Gorshok".😁
Screenshot_2020-03-17-15-52-29-878_com.vkontakte.android.jpg

Val, interesting. So "Gorshok" means "pot", while "Yendova" means something like "one-handled pouring pot with wide opening" ?
Reminds me of the old saying that Inuit people have 30 different words for "snow", depending on what kind of snow it is.

• Agree
Reactions: Val
Look!🤓 A video footage made in 1896, restored with neural networks. Looks so realistic! (A russian dude Denis Shiryaev made it).
"Moscow, Tverskaya street in 1896". +info.

That's pretty awesome, Val!

He also worked on videos from Paris, also by the Lumiere brothers. Quite interesting, seems that crossing a main street was no mean feat then.

Reactions: Blues and Val