Post Something Cool From The Internet

Val, interesting. So "Gorshok" means "pot", while "Yendova" means something like "one-handled pouring pot with wide opening" ?
Reminds me of the old saying that Inuit people have 30 different words for "snow", depending on what kind of snow it is.
Aha, russian language (especially the old one) - is modified sanskrit (it was proven a long time ago). I heard some awesome stories about how an indian professor who knew sanskrit came to russian countryside in the 90s or 2000s, and he was astonished that he could understand russian language without an interpreter, despite that some sanskrit words seemed a little distorted to him. Later, he claimed: "I don't need any interpreter now, as these people are speaking pure sanskrit".

That's pretty awesome, Val!

He also worked on videos from Paris, also by the Lumiere brothers. Quite interesting, seems that crossing a main street was no mean feat then.

Aha, long ago, i posted this video of Paris, but in b&w version (with speed changed and ambient sounds added). There is another dude who makes old videos more good-looking.
I particularly like these ones (home videos of Romanovs tzar family, filmed in 1906-1914): speed changed and sound added. It would be interesting to see these videos with colorization.
Romanovs family:

Skyrim parodies

Haha, this dude is pretty awesome.😁
P.S. My ex-bf used to play Skyrim a lot (and many other games,- as a rule, those were scary games). I couldn't get my head around it, and i just had to withstand his obsession. The only "game" that i somewhat liked, was "Dear Esther", though it's not a 100%-game in its initial meaning.

Reactions: Deleted member 3018
Haha, this dude is pretty awesome.😁
P.S. My ex-bf used to play Skyrim a lot (and many other games,- as a rule, those were scary games). I couldn't get my head around it, and i just had to withstand his obsession. The only "game" that i somewhat liked, was "Dear Esther", though it's not a 100%-game in its initial meaning.
Yeah, the parodies are very skillfully done.
I can't stand scary games either. Well, Resident Evil is an exeption, but otherwise I can't. With Skyrim, there is one strong benefit. When you'd like to punch someone in real life, you can take a deep breath and think "it's okay, it's okay, I get to kill bandits tonight."

Oh, I have seen Dear Esther, but haven't played it. It seems interesting.

One game that's only a little bit scary, is Journey. You can interact with other players all around the globe, which is really cool.

• Friendly
Reactions: Val
Yeah, the parodies are very skillfully done.
I can't stand scary games either. Well, Resident Evil is an exeption, but otherwise I can't. With Skyrim, there is one strong benefit. When you'd like to punch someone in real life, you can take a deep breath and think "it's okay, it's okay, I get to kill bandits tonight."

Oh, I have seen Dear Esther, but haven't played it. It seems interesting.

One game that's only a little bit scary, is Journey. You can interact with other players all around the globe, which is really cool.

Thanks. It's very interesting. This launch trailer of "Journey" strongly reminded me this👇 scene (from "Artificial intellegence" 2001 movie), and the idea itself.😏 It also brought me good memories: "A.I." was one of the very first movies that i watched without translation (i watched it in English, as it is, but with English subtitles,- like for people with hearing issues).

Thanks. It's very interesting. This launch trailer of "Journey" strongly reminded me this👇 scene (from "Artificial intellegence" 2001 movie), and the idea itself.😏 It also brought me good memories: "A.I." was one of the very first movies that i watched without translation (i watched it in English, as it is, but with English subtitles,- like for people with hearing issues).
A.I. was one of my favourite movies as a kid.

• Love
I also really liked/like Beetlejuice, Edward Scissorhands and E.T. Tim Burton and Steven Spielberg are both geniuses.

But I'm getting off track.... So here is something cool from the internet:

Wow! I accidentally(!) stumbled across this thing on VK social network. Dug it up in Youtube and Wikipedia. I wish there was a full article about it in English. Russians call it "Kutkhiny baty", that means "Kutkh's bahts" (money belonging to Kutkh). Luckily, i was familiar with Kutkh since my childhood (i read a lot of northern legends adapted for kids).
Kutkh:

An excerpt that mentions "Kutkh's bahts" from an article about volcanic pumice rock:
"Kutkhiny Baty, a pumice rock formation outcrop located 4 km from the source of the Ozernaya River (Lake Kurile), near the southern tip of the Kamchatka Peninsula, Russia."

Kutkh's bahts in an excerpt from a documentary movie "Kamchatka. Life on the edge of Earth".

Started watching their channel.:lol:
"Foil arms and hog". Not bad. Here are 2 examples. They've made plenty of videos... Duh...

Also, this one is merely hilarious (reminds me our people, 100%😁):

Yeah, it's a famous one (in Novosibirsk).🙂 It's great that you're interested. I found a thorough video where the author of this sculpture explains his concept "in his own words". Unfortunately, there are no English subtitles, but it's clear without the translation what he wanted to make.

As hilarious as it appears at first glance, at least they're not dressed too bad;)
It would look more natural (and less hilarious) if they were wearing national costumes. But Armenians dance and sing everywhere, under any circumstances,- i think, if they heard the music being naked, they would start dancing anyway. It's an outstanding nation.💓💖🎶

Reactions: alexw32