Post Something Cool From The Internet

Aha…the old hitchhiking trick of sending out the one most likely someone will stop for then the friends all come running out from the bushes, lol.

Aha…the old hitchhiking trick of sending out the one most likely someone will stop for then the friends all come running out from the bushes, lol.
just discovered that if you click on the Title at the top, you can get the audio and see the comments. Which add something to the experience.

"we have a kitten problem".

Reactions: KLS52
In my imagination I see him trying to get them all in the back seat and driving them somewhere. Maybe getting a big box, labeling it Free Kittens, and sitting in front of the supermarket or gas station.

Reactions: KLS52 and Emma JC
So this little video almost qualifies as an ethical experiment. In a way its sort of like a trolley car problem.

You might have to click on the link to get the sound

this is what one commenter said.

The shopping cart is the ultimate litmus test for whether a person is capable of self-governing. To return the shopping cart is an easy, convenient task and one which we all recognize as the correct, appropriate thing to do. To return the shopping cart is objectively right. There are no situations other than dire emergencies in which a person is not able to return their cart. Simultaneously, it is not illegal to abandon your shopping cart. Therefore the shopping cart presents itself as the apex example of whether a person will do what is right without being forced to do it. No one will punish you for not returning the shopping cart, no one will fine you or kill you for not returning the shopping cart, you gain nothing by returning the shopping cart. You must return the shopping cart out of the goodness of your own heart. You must return the shopping cart because it is the right thing to do. Because it is correct. A person who is unable to do this is no better than an animal, an absolute savage who can only be made to do what is right by threatening them with a law and the force that stands behind it. The Shopping Cart is what determines whether a person is a good or bad member of society.

Honestly, I think people make way too much out of this whole return the shopping cart phenomenon. If the transgressor was smart, he would have moved the cart and had the person driving pull up out of the space, lol.

Is it polite and considerate to return a shopping cart? Sure. But it’s not a big deal as long as you’re not leaving it in a parking spot where someone won’t be able to park because the cart is in the way. Or if it‘s in a position to roll and hit someone or their car. It’s why I always park near the cart return, Lol. I’d rather walk a few extra steps to get to the store so that I can return the cart to it’s “proper place” or risk being labeled a “Karen”, lol.

Also, the commenter above has gone a little bit over the top IMO. I’m happy to take someone’s cart…a mom who clearly has her hands full with groceries and small children…an elderly person…someone who looks like their having a really bad day, physically and mentally.

And just to be clear, I’m all for returning the carts. I do it every single time. I don’t agree with the chastising of people who don’t. I mean seriously…unless it’s meant to be satire and I missed it…”The Shopping Cart is what determines whether a person is a good or bad member of society.” I don’t think so.

• Agree
Reactions: Blues
Oh, I had trouble clicking on it…nothing happened so I was unable to get the audio. :(

Some people have no respect for the dearly departed

Attachments

• a72051d0-ef2e-11ec-a95e-4bc4ce22f7cb.cf.jpg
    a72051d0-ef2e-11ec-a95e-4bc4ce22f7cb.cf.jpg
    60.3 KB · Views: 5
Reactions: Chryssie
This is interesting. Must have taken a lot of work
Surprised the Vegan Forum never cracked the top ten.

• Informative
Reactions: Blues
Honestly, I think people make way too much out of this whole return the shopping cart phenomenon. If the transgressor was smart, he would have moved the cart and had the person driving pull up out of the space, lol.

Is it polite and considerate to return a shopping cart? Sure. But it’s not a big deal as long as you’re not leaving it in a parking spot where someone won’t be able to park because the cart is in the way. Or if it‘s in a position to roll and hit someone or their car. It’s why I always park near the cart return, Lol. I’d rather walk a few extra steps to get to the store so that I can return the cart to it’s “proper place” or risk being labeled a “Karen”, lol.

Also, the commenter above has gone a little bit over the top IMO. I’m happy to take someone’s cart…a mom who clearly has her hands full with groceries and small children…an elderly person…someone who looks like their having a really bad day, physically and mentally.

And just to be clear, I’m all for returning the carts. I do it every single time. I don’t agree with the chastising of people who don’t. I mean seriously…unless it’s meant to be satire and I missed it…”The Shopping Cart is what determines whether a person is a good or bad member of society.” I don’t think so.
I first thought this too--but then realized it's British and he is the driver :laughing:

Anyone else think in 'merica someone would have pulled a gun?

I do really hate when people leave their carts. People who have to retrieve them have an awful job.
Another reason I love Aldi! They also have sensors on the carts which prevent the wheels from turning if you try and take them from the lot. At least they have a sign that says that

Reactions: KLS52