Post Something Cool From The Internet

So in Lincoln, Nebraska there is a vegan restaurant. And the owner commissioned a local artist to make a snow sculpture. He made a vegan dragon. We know the dragon is vegan because he was made from snow from the vegan restaurant's parking lot.

he named it Vragon — the peaceful vegan dragon who protects vegetables and watches over the neighborhood.

Attachments

• 6014843b7d353.image.jpg
    6014843b7d353.image.jpg
    147.2 KB · Views: 8
Not a big fan of planes and technology but when I was young I used to love seeing the Red Arrows flying their gnats in formation, so when I saw this on Youtube, I was pretty impressed.

Reactions: Lou and Blues
Kung Fu Bhikkhunis. That's awesome.

Last edited by a moderator:
Wow. How interesting. You know the planet Nacre has a fungi just like that. when the moons are in alignment entire fields are transformed by the mushrooms erupting. Fortunately most of the inhabitants don't find the mushrooms that tasty.

Reactions: Deleted member 3018
Wow. How interesting. You know the planet Nacre has a fungi just like that. when the moons are in alignment entire fields are transformed by the mushrooms erupting. Fortunately most of the inhabitants don't find the mushrooms that tasty.
Cool. I'm wondering what is planet Nacre? :)

I have seen the kind of fungi that resembles coral. But only once.

I wonder where the author got his ideas? Or where fictional writers generally speaking get their ideas? Or where the landscapes in dreams come from...

When I lived in the PNW we would find corals and take them home and eat them. (Fungi are not animals!)

There are lots of corals that are not edible and some are poisonous. In the PNW its not hard to ID them but I think its different in Europe.

Piers Anthony is a Very Imaginative guy. the fungus planet occurred in a series of books, Of Man and Manta,. A lot of his books explore different kinds of ecologies and evolutionary plans. A planet with fungus being the dominant lifeform was very interesting.

I think if you asked 10 authors where they got their ideas, you would get 11 or 12 answers. :)

Being that the books were written in the late 60s and early 70s, I suspect Piers might have been eating some mushrooms and got to thinking " What if.. ?"

Reactions: Deleted member 3018
When I lived in the PNW we would find corals and take them home and eat them. (Fungi are not animals!)

There are lots of corals that are not edible and some are poisonous. In the PNW its not hard to ID them but I think its different in Europe.

Piers Anthony is a Very Imaginative guy. the fungus planet occurred in a series of books, Of Man and Manta,. A lot of his books explore different kinds of ecologies and evolutionary plans. A planet with fungus being the dominant lifeform was very interesting.

I think if you asked 10 authors where they got their ideas, you would get 11 or 12 answers. :)

Being that the books were written in the late 60s and early 70s, I suspect Piers might have been eating some mushrooms and got to thinking " What if.. ?"
I wonder... when Buddhist believe in rebirth and then there is the possibility of intelligent life on other galaxies... What if, in theory, some people who have had past lives on other planets, remember glimpses of those lives and planets?
But, yes, like you said, drug usage would be more realistic. A little bit disappointing, but much more likely.
But then again... Who knows for sure?

Reactions: Lou