US Politics-2022

^
This is a bill proposed in Tennessee. currently the minimum age for marriage in TN is 17. I'm under the impression that this bill was some sort of response to the present law that allows for same sex marriage. Perhaps leaving off the age requirement was simply an oversight.

I also think maybe its some kind of distraction or diversion. something for people to get excited and upset about while the Republicans get busy doing something awful.

• Agree
Reactions: Emma JC
^
This is a bill proposed in Tennessee. currently the minimum age for marriage in TN is 17. I'm under the impression that this bill was some sort of response to the present law that allows for same sex marriage. Perhaps leaving off the age requirement was simply an oversight.

I also think maybe its some kind of distraction or diversion. something for people to get excited and upset about while the Republicans get busy doing something awful.
Like teach history instead of made up versions they want kids to believe.
Or science that actually current and not the bible

Like teach history instead of made up versions they want kids to believe.
Or science that actually current and not the bible
that might be a good thread. What awful thing will Republicans do Next?

I was sort of thinking along the lines of Cocaine fueled orgies.

Reactions: Andy_T
that might be a good thread. What awful thing will Republicans do Next?

I was sort of thinking along the lines of Cocaine fueled orgies.
Nononono ......................
Here in Ohio the ads for republican sentators are just...deplorable! :fp:
Each one is vying to be the most ignorant, most gun loving, transphobic, trump sucking, racist POS!
...and now Palins back :fp:

I Just found this test online, Vermin Supreme is the only candidate I could ever really support.
I'm very disappointed in the response to this, I was hoping that everyone would be posting their results and discussing them.

Matt Gaetz is an embarrassment to Florida!
Well, to the whole country if not the world but yeah, Florida voted for him so you get to shoulder a little bit more responsibility.

Oh, I just realized that he should be our number one suspect for inviting Cawthorn and hosting cocaine fueled orgies.

Reactions: Andy_T
It's an interesting debate, but I don't think he can get enough support within the hardcore based of voters to even win the primary. I think he would lose to Trump or even a mediocre Trump backed candidate. Some portions of Trumpian Republicans will view him as a traitor, a RINO. I suspect he's had his day.

I think this article comes from a biased liberal/left perspective. It's like conservatives telling Democrats that Joe Manchin could get centrist voters and win and become President. Even if true, it's just too bitter a pill for the Democrats to swallow, they'd rather lose. I suspect it's the same with Republicans and Romney as this point.

Perhaps a chance for Romney is that Trump decides not to run, no good Trumpian candidate comes forward, Republican voters, wake up from their delusional cult Trump madness a bit, and Trump-backed candidates do unexpectedly badly at the mid terms, with Democrats doing surprisingly well. But it's a long shot.

Romney is way back in the polls: Polls: 2024 Republican Primary | Latest Polling | Presidential Nomination - Election Central

• Agree
Reactions: Andy_T and Emma JC