US Politics-2022

There may not be an express right to privacy in the Constitution, but several amendments encompass it (the 4th and 9th come to mind). I guess they had to base Roe on privacy because equality for women wasn't palatable politically back then.

Still isn't. but it could become a campaigning issue.
This is going to open a sh*t storm of challenges to all sorts of rights that were guaranteed based on Roe. I know the decision says this doesn't apply to other rights, but that's a ridiculous statement, since the court has time and again based decisions on previous rulings because the overriding principles were applicable to subsequent decisions.

Yeah, some things that come to mind is birth control. Also health care and covering birth control.
I also love how hypocritical the conservatives on the court are.

My favorite is when a judge tells a minor she is not mature enough to make a decision on abortion but then why is she mature enough to raise a child?
They're OK with preventing states from making laws to regulate the 2nd Amendment, but they're all like the states can decide on abortion and reproductive rights.

In Calfifornia they are writing a law based on Texas's abortion law. but about gun control. They are even using some of the same language. You know that is going to go to the Supreme Court and we will see some interesting legal contortions. However it probably will get overturned. Guns are a constitutional right. Abortion isn't.
This court is quickly losing credibility. I don't think the "legal minds" (and I use that term loosely) of ACB and Kavanaugh are up to the task. Even Alito. They can't get past their religious ideology and look at the issue objectively, IMHO.

The US is the only country with judges appointed for life. And the Supreme Court is the only American court without a code of ethics. Over the course of American history there have been many changes to the Supreme Court. Maybe now it will be apparent that we need some reform.
I'm so tired of religion infecting public policy. They are basically elevating Christianity over other religions and over those who don't believe in a god or religion. Religion should have nothing to do with creating policy and law. I'm sorry if this is an unpopular opinion, but I don't want my tax dollars funding religious institutions. And they don't deserve the tax breaks they've gotten for eons.

Another thing I am unreasonalbly optimistic now is diluting the power of the evangelicals. For 50 years they have been single issue voters. maybe now their single issue is gone and they can vote based on other issues. Could be good for the liberal agenda.

diluting the power of the evangelicals."Dam Lou, you're such an optimist! ", This is only the beginning.
THey're still after every right to health care, and any workplace or educational equality for LBGQ and trans people
THey're still demanding our countries history be edited in schools, as in banning books, controlling teachers, banning critical race theory-which is history,economics,social studies...and cherry picking what they call parental rights, removing it for those whose ideology doesn't fit their own.
Maine just gave tax dollars to Christian schools..
Ohio bans trans children from participating in sports and wanted to enact a law to force a sexual examination for high school athletes.

I have never yet heard a compelling reason for banning a womans choice.

I'm about as sick of the neo lib dems as I ever was. Democrats have done little but be place holder for the republicans. they've been against anything progressive as the conservatives. Democrats say they work for everyone, and we need to compromise while republicans slash and burn.

If a fertilized seed is more important than a womans right to her own life, I want the anti women people to answer these questions:
why don't you fight for rape crimes to be a felony worthy of life imprisonment?
why don't you fight for sterilization of men charged with abuse,or sex crimes?
why isn't the man involved required to support both woman and egg during the 9 months?
why don't you fight for male birth control, and advocate vasectomies?

Another thing I am unreasonalbly optimistic now is diluting the power of the evangelicals. For 50 years they have been single issue voters. maybe now their single issue is gone and they can vote based on other issues. Could be good for the liberal agenda.

Don't hold your breath. The abortion issue is just their test case, to see if they truly own the Supreme Court. Now that they know they do, they have a whole agenda waiting to be implemented. There is same-sex marriage. The right of trans people to exist in public spaces. Eventually, racial intermarriage and a return of slavery. It won't all happen overnight, but that is where they are heading.

Don't hold your breath. The abortion issue is just their test case, to see if they truly own the Supreme Court. Now that they know they do, they have a whole agenda waiting to be implemented. There is same-sex marriage. The right of trans people to exist in public spaces. Eventually, racial intermarriage and a return of slavery. It won't all happen overnight, but that is where they are heading.
I doubt it, if something like that where to happen there would be a violent revolution over night, another reason why gun rights are important.

Wow, I didn't actually think they would do it, I thought they where just pretending to see how people would react, or to give them something to get angry about.
Nope, and that is what has defined and divided the democrats from republicans in this country now. Republicans have their agendas and ways to win over the masses and will slash and burn to get what they want, using whatever means neccessary. Democrats in power pussyfoot around not wanting to stir the pot, taking what their voters want away to be sure the other side gets what they want. truth is, democrats are loyal to so many of them are owned by the same corporations and controls as the repubs, they just try and hide it

Reactions: PTree15 and KLS52
(regarding my last post) Then again a cultural shift towards religious fundamentalism is not impossible, it has happened before, it could very well happen within the next 50 years, if that happened we could very well live under theocratic tyranny, and sometimes I get the impression that deep down inside most conservatives yearn for theocracy, if such a thing ever does happen, I hope that there will be many people who resist the will of the religious mob.

Last edited:
(regarding my last post) Then again a cultural shift towards religious fundamentalism is not impossible, it has happened before, it could very well happen within the next 50 years, if that happened we could very well live under theocratic tyranny, and sometimes I get the impression that deep down inside most conservatives yearn for theocracy, I just hope that if such a thing ever does happen, I hope that there will be many people who resist the will of the religious mob.
And I also hope that the persecuted groups like gay people will have guns to defend themselves.

I doubt it, if something like that where to happen there would be a violent revolution over night, another reason why gun rights are important.
oh gawd. you do realize that while they're stating a bipartison gun reform bill is passing, most states have made it easier.
Gun rights are NOT about citizens protecting themselves against big brother, nor their own protection. It's still about keeping slaves down, just that now 'slaves' has a broader meaning. Kyle Rittenour getting off murder charges is one example

oh gawd. you do realize that while they're stating a bipartison gun reform bill is passing, most states have made it easier.
Gun rights are NOT about citizens protecting themselves against big brother, nor their own protection. It's still about keeping slaves down, just that now 'slaves' has a broader meaning. Kyle Rittenour getting off murder charges is one example
Then why would the government allow black people to have guns? Your view of history is not accurate, gun control was first brought about to keep slaves down, that is a historical fact. Why do you want to rob the black people of their own means of defense so that their lives will be completely in the hands of a racist organization?

Kyle Rittenhouse acted in self defense, someone tried to kill him, he killed them in order to stop them, it wasn't murder.

• Disagree
Reactions: silva
Then why would the government allow black people to have guns? Your view of history is not accurate, gun control was first brought about to keep slaves down, that is a historical fact. Why do you want to rob the black people of their own means of defense so that their lives will be completely in the hands of a racist organization?
People of color are killed for the appearance of having a gun--a cell phone, a 12 year old with a toy gun, reaching for their id, a man trying to buy a bb gun at a walmart, a black ex military man attempting to shoot an armed gunman. Killed.
Watch the videos of the insurrection of the Michigans capital building was stormed, as well as the Capitol. If you don't know how very very different those two scenarios would have played out by changing every white face with black,then you just don't know.
Racial equity is a lie, and the lie is getting bigger every day.
You seem to have a distorted view of BLM so I won't even mention the inequities of those protests, or why, because the comparisons aren't apples to apples. Remember the militias in Oregon, the whole Bundy takeover of government owned land? They got away with it.

Reactions: Emma JC and PTree15
People of color are killed for the appearance of having a gun--a cell phone, a 12 year old with a toy gun, reaching for their id, a man trying to buy a bb gun at a walmart, a black ex military man attempting to shoot an armed gunman. Killed.
Watch the videos of the insurrection of the Michigans capital building was stormed, as well as the Capitol. If you don't know how very very different those two scenarios would have played out by changing every white face with black,then you just don't know.
Racial equity is a lie, and the lie is getting bigger every day.
You seem to have a distorted view of BLM so I won't even mention the inequities of those protests, or why, because the comparisons aren't apples to apples. Remember the militias in Oregon, the whole Bundy takeover of government owned land? They got away with it.
I agree that the government and police are racist, that's why I want black people to have their own means of self defense so that their lives are in their own hands and not the racist government's. I have probably said in the past that I don't believe in systemic racism, my views have changed since them.

• Agree
Reactions: silva
What? :fp: Gun control?

What? :fp: Gun control?
After the civil war racist governments tried to pass laws preventing black people from owning guns, the purpose of the Ku Klux Klan was to disarm the black people, disarmed black people can't fight back when aggressed upon.

After the civil war racist governments tried to pass laws preventing black people from owning guns, the purpose of the Ku Klux Klan was to disarm the black people, disarmed black people can't fight back when aggressed upon.
The wording of the 2nd was carefully crafted to insure 'a well regulated militia', which at the time did not include blacks, and meant to allow the slaveholders to shoot them as needed. Your idea of passing laws to prevent black people from owning guns is not what I would call 'gun control' but separatism.

How about some examples of armed black people fighting agression? Like Brionna Taylors boyfriend who was arrested and intially charged for a gunshot against intruders?

Last edited:
The wording of the 2nd was carefully crafted to insure 'a well regulated militia', which at the time did not include blacks, and meant to allow the slaveholders to shoot them as needed. Your idea of passing laws to prevent black people from owning guns is not what I would call 'gun control' but separatism
How is it not gun control? The government was controlling who could have a gun.

How is it not gun control? The government was controlling who could have a gun.
It's not about controlling guns but who is allowed to own them.
Isn't the wording itself a sense of gun control?
"A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed."

It's not about controlling guns but who is allowed to own them.
Isn't the wording itself a sense of gun control?
"A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed."
I don't understand what you are saying, are you saying that gun control is controlling who gets to own guns? in which case gun control is a perfect description of these racist laws, or that that's what the racists laws where about, in which case red flag laws are also an example of the state deciding who can own guns, is that not gun control? If not what is it? What in the Second amendment is pro-gun control? It says that the people have the right to own guns, "the people" means everyone, the laws preventing black people from owning guns where a violation of the Second amendment.