Pluto is not a planet

But my question stands: should earth and moon be considered a binary planet system, or planet and satellite?
On the one hand, the Moon is the largest satellite in the solar system relative to its planet. On the other hand, it doesn't sound like the Earth's wobble due to the gravitational pull from the Moon is so great. The barycentre is at 4,671 km from the Earth's centre, below the Earth's surface, and around 1.3% of the average distance to the Moon, which is is 370,300 km. So therefore I think it's fair to say the Earth and Moon are planet and satellite.

MOD NOTE
I've tried to tidy up the thread a bit. A couple of comments - my take on this:
  1. Just to clarify, the Forum Guidelines for the General Discussion Forum are not exactly rules, but they are guidelines, and are meant to help avoid situations where fellow members get hurt. Forum karate is fine as long as it's practised as gentleman-like, non-contact sparring rather than as a full contact sport.
  2. If you think a specific argument sounds far-fetched and requires a source, then it's fine to ask the poster to provide one. It doesn't matter whether the argument sounds obvious to some, or whether it's easy to google search for a source. Likewise, it's also fine to respond and say you don't remember exactly the source, or you don't have time to find the source. It's then up to other members to judge the validity of the argument and make up their own mind.
Any further off-topic posts and meta-discussions will be deleted. Admin's word is final!

Reactions: Tom L.
On the one hand, the Moon is the largest satellite in the solar system relative to its planet. On the other hand, it doesn't sound like the Earth's wobble due to the gravitational pull from the Moon is so great. The barycentre is at 4,671 km from the Earth's centre, below the Earth's surface, and around 1.3% of the average distance to the Moon, which is is 370,300 km. So therefore I think it's fair to say the Earth and Moon are planet and satellite.

Perhaps the test should be, if the barycenter lies within the physical mass of one object, then it is considered the "parent," while the other object is its satellite, but if it lies somewhere between the two, it is a binary system? The latter is the case with Alpha Centauri A and B, which is generally referred to as a binary system.