News Plant Based/Vegan

They got eaten by the Milpitas Monster. The account was banned so the monster doesn’t learn about VF and come to nibble on us all.
I misspelled Nalpitas. I meant to say, "what happened to Nalpitas?"
Milpitas is a small city about 50 miles from me.

This is excellent news : :)

Who said 2020 wasn’t a good year for veganism? Vegan Christmas pre-orders are up 700% at Waitrose, while Tesco’s Vegan Turkey is already sold out.
Vegans have been spoilt for choice this Christmas, but there seems to be a clear winner: Tesco’s Wicked Kitchen No Turkey Roast Crown. The new offering is completely sold out online, with consumers left to battle it out on the ground for in-store stocks.

While Tesco appeared to be the favourite for vegan food this Christmas season, Waitrose has seen a whopping 700% increase in vegan pre-orders compared to last year

Reactions: Emma JC and Lou
OH. OK! :)

I have a good friend who was raised in Milpitas. He never mentioned the Milpitas Monster. I never knew about it till now. So I didn't get your joke.

BTW, I was born in a hospital in Amityville.

Reactions: Urban Gardener
OH. OK! :)

I have a good friend who was raised in Milpitas. He never mentioned the Milpitas Monster. I never knew about it till now. So I didn't get your joke.

BTW, I was born in a hospital in Amityville.

I heard there are some big sharks in Amityville.

People don’t talk about the Milpitas Monster because they’re scared. They don’t want it to overhear and decide to have them for dinner. They’re also concerned about tourism and property values.

jaws take place in the fictional town of Amity Island. The filming took place at Martha's Vinyard.

The Amityville Horror is a book. Published in 1977. However, it has generated over 20 films. The first one in 1979, the last one in 2017. and there are two more scheduled.

jaws take place in the fictional town of Amity Island. The filming took place at Martha's Vinyard.

The Amityville Horror is a book. Published in 1977. However, it has generated over 20 films. The first one in 1979, the last one in 2017. and there are two more scheduled.

I think the main question at stake here is this:

Are imaginary creatures ok to consume on a vegan diet?

If I cook and eat the Creature From the Black Lagoon, am I vegan?

If I eat ghosts, am I vegan?

Does it matter which part of the ghost and how I prepare it?

What about creatures that not everyone believes in? Yetis, Loch Ness Monster, etc. If I eat them, I’m believably vegan because what I’m eating isn’t believed in . . . right?

I think the main question at stake here is this:

Are imaginary creatures ok to consume on a vegan diet?

If I cook and eat the Creature From the Black Lagoon, am I vegan?

If I eat ghosts, am I vegan?

Does it matter which part of the ghost and how I prepare it?

What about creatures that not everyone believes in? Yetis, Loch Ness Monster, etc. If I eat them, I’m believably vegan because what I’m eating isn’t believed in . . . right?
These imaginary creatures are more likely to eat vegans.

• Wow
I have this partial memory of a book (or tv show or movie) where the protagonist ends up at a banquet where they are serving endangered animals. (not Indiana Jones with the frozen monkey brains). Maybe Ace Ventura? He has to maintain his cover. Does he eat any?

I'm thinking some parallels can be drawn.

I have this partial memory of a book (or tv show or movie) where the protagonist ends up at a banquet where they are serving endangered animals. (not Indiana Jones with the frozen monkey brains). Maybe Ace Ventura? He has to maintain his cover. Does he eat any?

I'm thinking some parallels can be drawn.

Yes. If the meat is a plastic film prop, can we eat it?