News Plant Based/Vegan

And now for some good news. Finally an American franchise gets it.

Here in the USA, Dunkin, Starbucks, and others never got it quite right.

I make these at home once a week. Sort of like a Sunday treat.

The new sandwich features a Beyond Meat Breakfast Sausage patty, mung bean-based folded JUST Egg, melted dairy-free cheddar cheese, and comes served on an everything bagel thin.​

Reactions: 1956 and Emma JC
There is a fascinating film on Amazon Prime called "Living Proof."

It is the MS Hope diet. The MS patients, who follow it, have limited to no symptoms. Matt Embry was diagnosed with MS almost 30 years ago, and is a runner. It isn't a vegan diet, but any form of dairy is forbidden. They refer to dairy as "pure poison.

After removing dairy from their diet, many people in wheelchairs, have started walking.

• Informative
Reactions: Emma JC and Lou
I just got this in my email.

Valerie, who suffers from Lupus and Postural Orthostatic Tachycardia Syndrome, was sick and barely able to get out of bed for almost six years. On more than 15 daily medications and living with chronic pain and insomnia, Valerie felt like her body was breaking down and was desperate to get well. Then she came across the documentary What The Health and decided to go plant-based. Within weeks, Valerie had more energy, less pain and had started sleeping better. Today she is off almost all of her medications and passionate about a vegan lifestyle.

Reactions: Emma JC
The key word here is innovation. Consumers are getting more adventurous and more curious about plant-based; by doing differently you can set yourself apart from the competition. Innovation can come from a variety of places, from new-to-market ingredients or even the cuisines that are influencing consumers.

Our research shows that consumers are looking for far more plant-based options, ranging from pies and pastries (50 percent), to curries (43 percent) and pizza (45 percent), which all lend themselves to a world of exciting flavours. When you think the top selling ready meals are Indian (17.2 percent) and Chinese (9 percent) and newcomer Mexican has seen a growth of 19.6 percent, there is a huge opportunity for plant-based to get in on the action and flavour.17

What's driving the plant-based boom?

Reactions: Emma JC