Pictures of Your Animal Family

Rosie1

I don't know what to put here.
Reaction score
Mod note: I have moved animal family posts from the Pictures of Your Animal Friends thread to this one. ~ Pickle Juice

This is our newest addition, Kalki:

Eeee! I want to smooch him and snuggle him.

This picture is a couple of years old. It hardly ever snows here but when it does, he loves playing in it. This was at the end when he was just enjoying be lying in the middle of it:

4351876265_c15b6ffe2b_b.jpg

^^Congrats on the new furbaby!
I demand lots of pictures.

Lovely new ginger boy. Sweet.:)

I know I probably already posted these on another forum. I need to take some new ones.

My cat Jack jumps into the duvet as soon as I take the cover off to be washed.:rolleyes:

P1010024.jpg

Gizmo wearing his fleece.

P1010013-2.jpg

My kitty is my avatar. Except she ran away :(

You mean she ran away from home permanently?:(

Lovely new ginger boy. Sweet.:)

I know I probably already posted these on another forum. I need to take some new ones.

My cat Jack jumps into the duvet as soon as I take the cover off to be washed.:rolleyes:

Gizmo wearing his fleece.

You mean she ran away from home permanently?:(

Bwaaah, your furry friends are adorable!

Yes, she's been gone since Christmas :( she was a rescued stray who wasn't fond of the indoors, so it's not surprising, but I miss her.

Eee, new kitty!

My kitty is my avatar. Except she ran away :(

So sorry. :( I always had both indoor and outdoor cats...the ones content to stay inside, did and the ones that drove me nuts, trying to escape at every turn, were allowed outside.
My new boy was declawed by his previous owner so I'm kind of looking forward to not having to decide which way to go with him. Poor thing was found 2 months ago, roaming the streets...he's lucky he was rescued when he was. And now he's mine...all mine!!! :D

116_1601.JPG

Rosebud (greenwing macaw) and Socrates (blue and gold macaw), in their travel cage, just home from a vet visit. They grew up together and are bonded, which is why they share a carrier to go to the vet - it reduces their stress.

When Socrates was ten and Rosie was nine, their family surrendered them to rescue. They were moving to Florida and didn't want to take their birds along.

Amelia, a red lored Amazon. She was a breeder bird for decades, then her mate died and the breeder had no further use for her. Someone in Florida that I know from the parrot forum asked whether I could possibly offer her a home, so here she is. She was reputed to be 50, but the vet and I both think she's younger than that. She's a total sweetheart. This was also taken just home from the vet, in her travel carrier.

115_1590.JPG

Wow, they are beautiful.

Yes. It's their downfall - people see something beautiful and want to own it, not realizing the length and complexity of the commitment. Here in the U.S., the situation with parrots is fast approaching that with cats and dogs.

They are amazing and wonderful, but we shouldn't be keeping them as pets.

Yes. It's their downfall - people see something beautiful and want to own it, not realizing the length and complexity of the commitment. Here in the U.S., the situation with parrots is fast approaching that with cats and dogs.

They are amazing and wonderful, but we shouldn't be keeping them as pets.

My friend has one, and I'm sure like all her other pets (except the dogs) it will be a year or two before she decides to rehome her. It's one of the reasons we're not really friends any more :p

I'm not sure what education can be done to stop people doing this.