Pictures of Your Animal Family

Bailey has such pretty fur!

6889107930_09ac474b6c_z.jpg

395766_10151289501005093_910219103_n.jpg

Clearly, both Lola and Alainn are annoyed with my picture taking. :p

LOL at Bailey! It always amuses me, how much cats can look like snakes when they yawn really wide.

Lola definitely has a "What, again?!" look on her face.

^Haha, yeah they look thrilled with being models. What kind of dog is Lola? I always love the avatar pics you have of her.

And with Bailey's fur: in the sunlight it always looks brown/black but any other time, it's pretty much all black.

5445559867_cc4a307db2_z.jpg

I like the brown/black mix of Bailey's fur. :)

This will be my favorite thread. Too bad my camera is down. My Jean Claude was a tiny feral kitty found near a busy intersection. He was a little bit of fur and bones with not much fur to spare. He gave us a nice case or ringworm that summer,but he was so adorable we didn't even care.I just washed the same things over and over,smeared on the meds and had a good time with my little boy.He also tested positive for the AIDS virus,but you would never know he's sick by looking at him.He just turned three and is very loving and affectionate towards my daughter and me,but terrified of anyone else.When anyone comes inside,he hides under the kitchen sink.I don't know if he'll ever warm up to other people,but that's just who he is.

^Haha, yeah they look thrilled with being models. What kind of dog is Lola? I always love the avatar pics you have of her.

And with Bailey's fur: in the sunlight it always looks brown/black but any other time, it's pretty much all black.

5445559867_cc4a307db2_z.jpg

Your Bailey looks very much like my Gypsy. She is curled up in her cat house right now...

Reactions: Danielle
This will be my favorite thread. Too bad my camera is down. My Jean Claude was a tiny feral kitty found near a busy intersection. He was a little bit of fur and bones with not much fur to spare. He gave us a nice case or ringworm that summer,but he was so adorable we didn't even care.I just washed the same things over and over,smeared on the meds and had a good time with my little boy.He also tested positive for the AIDS virus,but you would never know he's sick by looking at him.He just turned three and is very loving and affectionate towards my daughter and me,but terrified of anyone else.When anyone comes inside,he hides under the kitchen sink.I don't know if he'll ever warm up to other people,but that's just who he is.

Aww. Poor little thing.

Winkie is a cutie. I especially like the photo of her running.

And Dill - how sweet. I've never actually met a chinchilla in person.

This is Jillie (short for Gillyflower), who I adopted last year, when she was thirteen. She had been bred nonstop her entire life, and when her last pregnancy started going bad, they took her to the pound. A rescue pulled her (pregnant animals are generally put directly on death row because it's too expensive for kill shelters to deal with them and the litters (the pups or kittens couldn't be adopted out right away). The rescue took her to my vet in St. Louis, who works with that rescue. Only one pup made it, and Jillie ended up nursing an orphaned baby raccoon that the vet's office was raising. The story hit the news, and there were a lot of people wanting the puppy, but no one was interested in Jillie because of her age. The one photo is her official portrait with her two *pups* at the vet's, and the other is Jillie on her first day home.

Jilly and pups.jpg Jilly's first day.jpg

I love her tail! Is she a mixed breed?

Yes. Papa was a Spitz Terrier and Mama, a Springer Spaniel. Winkie was born on a farm near here, in a litter of fourteen. It was a puppy farm!

Winkie is a cutie. I especially like the photo of her running.

And Dill - how sweet. I've never actually met a chinchilla in person.

This is Jillie (short for Gillyflower), who I adopted last year, when she was thirteen. She had been bred nonstop her entire life, and when her last pregnancy started going bad, they took her to the pound. A rescue pulled her (pregnant animals are generally put directly on death row because it's too expensive for kill shelters to deal with them and the litters (the pups or kittens couldn't be adopted out right away). The rescue took her to my vet in St. Louis, who works with that rescue. Only one pup made it, and Jillie ended up nursing an orphaned baby raccoon that the vet's office was raising. The story hit the news, and there were a lot of people wanting the puppy, but no one was interested in Jillie because of her age. The one photo is her official portrait with her two *pups* at the vet's, and the other is Jillie on her first day home.

View attachment 72 View attachment 73

What a great story. She's so lucky to have found you. I know she'll have a good life now. It's so wonderful, the way one species will nurture the growth of another!

Reactions: Dropkick
This is Jillie (short for Gillyflower), who I adopted last year, when she was thirteen. She had been bred nonstop her entire life, and when her last pregnancy started going bad, they took her to the pound. A rescue pulled her (pregnant animals are generally put directly on death row because it's too expensive for kill shelters to deal with them and the litters (the pups or kittens couldn't be adopted out right away).

That makes me so angry and sad. She is gorgeous though, finally she has a loving home.