PETA's top 10 vegan wingz in the U.S...

Don't they? I want to do a road trip to each place and sample them all, and then write a review, lol.

Veggie Grill is amazing, everything on their menu tastes great. I have never been disappointed. That said, the wings are good, but not the best item on the menu. I'd go for the wing salad myself.

Definitely a must-visit if you're near one. Fifty years from now, everyone will be eating this way.

Last edited:
Reactions: PTree15
I would imagine that vegan wings ( chick'n wings ?) is fake meat. They have a big choice in the US.
Perhaps I've lived a sheltered life! I didn't even know that people ate chicken wings.... erm... I thought they were just made of bones & feathers. :chickens:
Shows how much I know!

Lol, Trinity. In my area, they became quite popular as pub food in the 80s. Mostly doused in either buffalo hot sauce or barbecue sauce.

Lol, Trinity. In my area, they became quite popular as pub food in the 80s. Mostly doused in either buffalo hot sauce or barbecue sauce.

Right, aha!
So that's another thing I've never heard of - is buffalo hot sauce made of buffalo?

Which reminds me. I was on Kauai a while back with my son, getting him a 'vegan hot dog'. He asked for chili with it (thinking that chili actually meant 'chili peppers') and we were really surprised when he got a big splodge of chili con carne with meat poured right over his vegan hotdog. Thankfully we asked what the bits were before eating them and learned quickly.

Oh yes, the chili dog. :D Glad you didn't have to eat it!
RE: the buffalo sauce...I believe it's named for Buffalo, N.Y., where the buffalo wing supposedly originated. The sauce is generally made with a base of vinegar, a cayenne pepper sauce and butter. My vegan version includes vegan worcestershire sauce and garlic powder.

Reactions: Trinity
All these sauces named after places. How fascinating. I've been a vegan for so long, that there are so many things that I've never eaten before.
Perhaps we should invent some new ones ;) I made a couple of baked dishes and called one 'benevolent bake' and the other 'conscious cottage pie'...