Vegan Persian Rice with Tadigh

sallyomally

Forum Legend
Reaction score
This is the only way I have cooked rice for the last thirty five years. Well worth the bit of extra effort.It forms a delicious crispy crust which is amazing. Absolutely delicious.

*note* It's not necessary to soak for two hours if you're short on time;this step can be skipped with no noticeable difference in the finished product. I most often cook this plain with salted water only and use vegetable oil. The recipe is very versatile and easily modified.
Try stirring in about a teaspoon of tomato paste into the oil mixture and serve this up with a side of broiled tomatoes and zucchini.

http://savorysweetlife.com/2010/05/chelo-persian-rice-pilaf-with-a-crispy-crust/

I tried this style of rice once when I was dating someone whose mother used to be married to an Iranian. I see recipes from time to time. I should really give it a go...

I tried this style of rice once when I was dating someone whose mother used to be married to an Iranian. I see recipes from time to time. I should really give it a go...

I used to be married to an Iranian, and they sure know how to cook! Persian food is delicious.