Omni partner?

This just in - marrying an omnivore is just like marrying someone who cannibalizes your children.

I laughed so hard at that.:rofl:

But on one of the FB groups I'm in, there's a vegan married to a slaughter. I find that one a little disturbing, but it works for them obvious. But that's a thing that couldn't work for me at all. I couldn't date a farmer either, even if you took away the ethical reasons. I've worked so many years on farms so I couldn't do it anyways, since I know how limited their days are, locked up to the farm (special milk cows). But I couldn't date a lawyer that worked for child abusers, murders and protected people that have abused animals. We would get into too many fights over the dinnertable. I know it's only a job, but if my partner did a good defence, the person became free of chargers and murdered/raped/abused someone just after, I would probably become very mad.

Yes, it's true I probably would have a problem with a lot of jobs for various reasons too.

I would also never date anyone with right-wing views or who was pro-life or was religious or had an annoying voice lol... I could go on for ages. I think if I ever lost my hubbie that would be the end of dating for me. I would just end up a crazy cat (and dog) lady living on my own. It's not like I'm a great catch myself anyway.:lol:

Not vegans though. Most vegans have an issue anyway you kill an animal for food,whether you do it or someone else does. Most vegans do it for the animals, people on plant-based diets to lose weight or fix their health probably dont care either way though.
Most vegans will have an issue with the killing of an animal for food, but the moral issues involved in killing a wild animal for food differs from breeding animals into terrible conditions for food. So someone, depending on their particular perspective, have less of an issue with hunting than they do with factory farms.

I have problems with it either way. At least with factory farms there's a bit of disconnect there, but with hunting, they obviously have no problem killing living things. There's something inherently wrong with someone who can purposely go out and kill things, whether it's hunting or working in a slaughter house.

I have problems with it either way. At least with factory farms there's a bit of disconnect there, but with hunting, they obviously have no problem killing living things. There's something inherently wrong with someone who can purposely go out and kill things, whether it's hunting or working in a slaughter house.

The difference twix those who disconnect from the killing and those who revel in it, unhappily, is honesty.

I laughed so hard at that.:rofl:

Oi!

There's nothing funny about eating peoples kids :ttth:

When people can't spot a 'reduce to the ridiculous' to emphasise a point of principle that is amusing, in a sad way, though.

Reduction to the ridiculous is an entirely different kettle of biscuits to a lifeboat argument, btw.

Yes, I think the vast amount of people that eat meat honestly just disconnect with the killing part of the animal's life. I saw a news report the other day and the presenter saw a calf on a dairy farm and was saying how cute it was. I can understand how people who live in very poor parts of the world hunt for survival but people who choose to hunt for entertainment seem like freaks to me.

I think a lot of people, myself included, have less of an issue with hunting than they do meat from factory farms. But I've yet to met someone that just eats the meat they hunt, instead, they are just really big meat eaters and the hunted meat just adds to what they get from restaurants and the grocery store.

Oddly enough, I tend to have more of an issue with hunters than I do with grocery store shoppers, generally.

Not because factory farming is somehow less harmful - it's way more harmful to be honest - but because hunters tend to have really awful attitudes, and are sometimes obsessed with hunting to the point of sadism. Grocery store meat shoppers at least have the excuse of being distanced from the process.

There's also the fact that while in principle hunters do less overall harm than grocery store meat buyers, that's not usually the case. In theory a hunter would eat more of their own kills, and less grocery store meat. In my experience, they still go out and buy just as much meat, but they also put themselves out there and kill animals as a hobby in addition to the regular buying. That makes them considerably more f**ked up, I think.

Not because factory farming is somehow less harmful - it's way more harmful to be honest - but because hunters tend to have really awful attitudes, and are sometimes obsessed with hunting to the point of sadism. Grocery store meat shoppers at least have the excuse of being distanced from the process.
You seem to be comparing people and as I mentioned yet to meet a hunter that has any particular concern for animal welfare, that is, I don't know any hunter that only eats wild game. I was comparing the two ways of obtaining meat, I'm a lot less bothered by people fishing, hunting, etc than I am factory farms.

You seem to be comparing people and as I mentioned yet to meet a hunter that has any particular concern for animal welfare, that is, I don't know any hunter that only eats wild game. I was comparing the two ways of obtaining meat, I'm a lot less bothered by people fishing, hunting, etc than I am factory farms.

Oh. I must admit I totally glazed over the second sentence. Didn't even realize it was there.

Stupid mistake, I wasn't paying attention, sorry. All I really did was restate what you said. :confused:

I'm single now, so this has been something I've been thinking about a lot. My ex actually ate meat behind my back, so he wasn't even vegan.
I want to always live in a vegan home. I don't know. I have a long while to consider it, but I would love to share this important part of me with someone.

Shortly after this post I began dating a nonvegan. So far, so good. He's respectful of my veganism and has tried vegan food with me. I'm still not sure if I ever would want to live in a home where the kitchen isn't vegan, but if I ever cross that bridge with someone.. I guess I won't know until I'm put in the situation.

My husband and daughter are omnis, and my son and I are vegetarians. I cook exclusively vegetarian in our home now. If they want meat, they understand that it is up to them to add it.