November Health Challenge (2016)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm going to have to join in again as I have been moping around feeling sad and not taking care of myself lately. I need to make sure that I look after my mental health during the winter months.

1. Stick to a sleep schedule, don't stay up late or take naps during the day.
2. Eat fresh fruit and veg daily.
3. Take my vitamins daily.
4. Try not to focus too much on what is happening in the world as the news is all very depressing at the moment!:rolleyes:

I'm so annoyed that my lack of sleep has resulted in me not being able to walk before work in the morning. I'm lucky if I manage a 10-15 minute walk on my break at work. :(

Yes, I'm doing okay on everything apart from sleeping. I took a nap yesterday and the day before as I couldn't keep my eyes open.:(

I might get some iron tablets as that might be the reason for the tiredness as I have had deficiencies before. I did have a blood test recently and I was also ill a couple of times so maybe that is what has made me feel run down.

10 medical reasons for feeling tired - Live Well - NHS Choices

What a disastrous week as far as food goes... Despite running 8+ miles almost every day, I have still manage to be over calorie budget every day lol... I'm currently 2,024 calories over my weekly budget... But hey, at least I'm laughing about it.

Reactions: KLS52
Yes, I'm doing okay on everything apart from sleeping. I took a nap yesterday and the day before as I couldn't keep my eyes open.:(

I might get some iron tablets as that might be the reason for the tiredness as I have had deficiencies before. I did have a blood test recently and I was also ill a couple of times so maybe that is what has made me feel run down.

Sleep is the only issue for me right now...all of my blood work was perfect, thankfully. You should have yours checked out.

This is quite frequent when there is a change of season.

Thanks to a good night's sleep I was able to do a two mile walk. Feeling encouraged. I just have to make sure the Thanksgiving leftovers don't do me in, lol.

Reactions: PTree15
Thanks to a good night's sleep I was able to do a two mile walk. Feeling encouraged. I just have to make sure the Thanksgiving leftovers don't do me in, lol.

Thanksgiving leftovers have already done me in and it's just a little after 10am lol... Now to figure out how long I have to run later to minimize the damage :)

IMG_1214.PNG

Getting pretty bored of my lack of motivation & I'm sure you all are too. :rofl:

But on a positive note, what with the new job I have A LOT more time in the evenings so definitely have no excuse to not squeeze a few more quick workouts in (which has been happebing already.) It's so nice to be even that tiny bit more active.

Anyway, just randomly looked in the mirror & the definition in my stomach is crazy so i can't be as chunky as I feel:starshower: :p When the food is back on track & some pounds are lost maybe I'll feel better.

I ended up doing another mile before it got dark.

I did two miles yesterday but took today off. I woke up tired and not rested.

This past week I have been wretched with exercise. Between work and the holiday, I was just buried with so much to do. Poor excuse, I know, lol, but I am back on track and will end the month strong. I did my 5K walk this morning at work, and I am planning to do cardio and some weights every day this week, except maybe Saturday.

Sleep has been abysmal! I'm averaging under 5 hours a night of late. It's my own fault, of course. I need to be able to tell myself that it's OK if I don't get everything on my list done in one day. :D It doesn't help that this week's football games have been very exciting (including last night's, which went into overtime and did not get over until 12:30 a.m. Such a great game, though!)

I haven't been posting in here much because I am not really doing anything! :D We have been eating over our calorie budget frequently! I have not gained weight though and seem to have hit on the "maintaining" calorie count quite by accident. I still need to lose about 5 lbs but I am not stressing out over it. Work is my "workout" and on Black Friday, I walked over 5 miles on the job.

Ehh, well I was over budget most days last week... This week I'm going to work hard to get rid of that last 5lbs I need to get rid of lol.. We are going back to the gym starting December, I figure it's time to get into a daily ab/back/core routine and start strength training. I'm pretty discouraged by the dumbells at home, having access to machines will make things so much easier.

This past week I have been wretched with exercise. Between work and the holiday, I was just buried with so much to do. Poor excuse, I know, lol, but I am back on track and will end the month strong. I did my 5K walk this morning at work, and I am planning to do cardio and some weights every day this week, except maybe Saturday.

Sleep has been abysmal! I'm averaging under 5 hours a night of late. It's my own fault, of course. I need to be able to tell myself that it's OK if I don't get everything on my list done in one day. :D It doesn't help that this week's football games have been very exciting (including last night's, which went into overtime and did not get over until 12:30 a.m. Such a great game, though!)
This was me last week. It was awful! I'm hoping to be back in track now. I managed over 13,000 steps today so it's a good start. I just have to hope my sleep gets better.

Reactions: Chryssie
Way to go on the 13,000 steps, KLS! I did my walk again this morning, and we just beat the rain. It's been pouring since 10 a.m. I am doing well with food this week, too, which is good, because last week I gorged. :D Every bite was worth it, though, haha.

Reactions: Chryssie
Status
Not open for further replies.