Status
Not open for further replies.

shyvas

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Lifestyle
  1. Other
Post your health goals and support your fellow VVers with theirs! Health goals can be anything health-related, whether mental or physical - not necessarily just exercise and weight loss!

Previous thread is here

Last edited by a moderator:
Still struggling to maintain the weight loss and doing ok. Not liking the struggle part, though, lol. But it's forcing me to make healthier choices food wise.

Getting my 10000 steps in 4-5 days a week. Nothing to really brag about but it makes me feel good.

Still struggling to maintain the weight loss and doing ok. Not liking the struggle part, though, lol. But it's forcing me to make healthier choices food wise.

Getting my 10000 steps in 4-5 days a week. Nothing to really brag about but it makes me feel good.

Have you set a calorie budget, and tracking calories?

I still want to lose 3 or 4 pounds, but I haven't been as disciplined as I should be (though I haven't gained anything). :D That said, I will work toward that goal, especially with the holidays coming up. I like to have a little wiggle room for indulging, and 3 to 4 pounds would be just about right.
So I will cut down on the white carbs (I actually was doing sort of OK with this until about a week ago :D) and keep the sweet treats in check;
Keep up the exercise/weights 5 to 6 days a week (exercise has been pretty good the last couple of months);
Drink at least 48 ounces of water a day;
Get at least 7 hours of sleep a night (always a work in progress. I have been spotty with this at best).

Today I walked more than 5 miles. I got to the polls really early to vote, so I got to work well before my friend, and I logged 3 miles before she got there, hehe. I needed it. I am very stressed about the election, and I was wound up this morning, partly because of a lack of sleep (again!!!).

I really need to get healthy both physically and mentally! I need to lose 100lbs and get my stress levels down . So far I have taken some steps toward this: I changed jobs and found one closer to home (shorter commute=less stress for me) with less responsibilities (again,less stress), I've lost 4lbs (only 96 more to go!) LOL! I'm trying to control my portion sizes and get a little exercise in when I can. Maybe having support here will help me? :)

Reactions: PTree15
I really need to get healthy both physically and mentally! I need to lose 100lbs and get my stress levels down . So far I have taken some steps toward this: I changed jobs and found one closer to home (shorter commute=less stress for me) with less responsibilities (again,less stress), I've lost 4lbs (only 96 more to go!) LOL! I'm trying to control my portion sizes and get a little exercise in when I can. Maybe having support here will help me? :)

Support is always helpful! Welcome! Jeremy and I found that tracking food/calories works for us. The app is called Lose It! It gives you a calorie budget for the day and if you stick with it, you WILL lose weight. Jeremy has lost over 50 lbs. and I have lost 20! You can do this!!

Have you set a calorie budget, and tracking calories?
For the most part. It's sticking to it that's the problem. I switch between weight watchers and the Fitbit calorie tracking but I always end up doing best with Weight Watchers. It just works for me...if I stick to the points. It's very restrictive, though, so hard to keep with it.

The calorie counting and tracking everything you eat is a huge PITA but it works. I have not been this "skinny" since before I had Sean over 40 years ago! I did have Jeremy to set a good example too! :D

Reactions: PTree15 and KLS52
I still want to lose 3 or 4 pounds, but I haven't been as disciplined as I should be (though I haven't gained anything). :D That said, I will work toward that goal, especially with the holidays coming up. I like to have a little wiggle room for indulging, and 3 to 4 pounds would be just about right.
So I will cut down on the white carbs (I actually was doing sort of OK with this until about a week ago :D) and keep the sweet treats in check;
Keep up the exercise/weights 5 to 6 days a week (exercise has been pretty good the last couple of months);
Drink at least 48 ounces of water a day;
Get at least 7 hours of sleep a night (always a work in progress. I have been spotty with this at best).

Today I walked more than 5 miles. I got to the polls really early to vote, so I got to work well before my friend, and I logged 3 miles before she got there, hehe. I needed it. I am very stressed about the election, and I was wound up this morning, partly because of a lack of sleep (again!!!).

You're always a great example.:up: I love the fact that you cook, healthy delicious meals. Dieting should means eating normal, balanced meals which you certainly manage to do.

Last edited:
For the most part. It's sticking to it that's the problem. I switch between weight watchers and the Fitbit calorie tracking but I always end up doing best with Weight Watchers. It just works for me...if I stick to the points. It's very restrictive, though, so hard to keep with it.

It's about having the right tools to work with. Like Chryssie said, get Lose It! They have a huge database of food so you can look up virtually everything you eat and record it... It doesn't have to feel like you're that restricted, besides obviously if you're not burning a lot of calories, you are eating less. It just helps to have the tools you need to do the number crunching. You can either use the mobile app or you can also log food/exercise on the website on the computer.

Lose It! - Succeed at weight loss with Lose It!

It's about having the right tools to work with. Like Chryssie said, get Lose It! They have a huge database of food so you can look up virtually everything you eat and record it... It doesn't have to feel like you're that restricted, besides obviously if you're not burning a lot of calories, you are eating less. It just helps to have the tools you need to do the number crunching. You can either use the mobile app or you can also log food/exercise on the website on the computer.

Lose It! - Succeed at weight loss with Lose It!
Ok, so keep in mind that I'm a tad grumpy due to how the election results are going, lol. But how is Lose It different from tracking with weight watchers or Fitbit? It's calories in vs calories out, isn't it? I get to scan food with both apps.

Ok, so keep in mind that I'm a tad grumpy due to how the election results are going, lol. But how is Lose It different from tracking with weight watchers or Fitbit? It's calories in vs calories out, isn't it? I get to scan food with both apps.

It probably isn't that much different from the others... It's just what has worked for Chryssie and I... I'm not familiar with the others... In lose it you select how many pounds you want to lose per week, think you can select between 1lbs, 1.5lbs, and 2lbs and it figures out your budget from there. You have a daily budget, and a weekly budget, so it pays to shoot for being under your daily budget, so if you want a treat end of the week it's not really a huge deal.

Reactions: KLS52
You're always a great example.:up: I love the fact that you cook, healthy delicious meals. Dieting should means eating normal, balanced meals which you certainly manage to do.
Awww, thank you, shyvas. That's what I try to do most of the time. It's portion control that sometimes gets me into trouble, though I've managed to keep my weight mostly stable for the better part of three years now, and that is a record for me. I think the exercise also helps. I find that when I exercise, I make better choices regarding food. I'm also really motivated to stay at a healthy weight because I want to keep hiking and biking and all, and it's far easier and more enjoyable with less of me to lug around. :D

Awww, thank you, shyvas. That's what I try to do most of the time. It's portion control that sometimes gets me into trouble, though I've managed to keep my weight mostly stable for the better part of three years now, and that is a record for me. I think the exercise also helps. I find that when I exercise, I make better choices regarding food. I'm also really motivated to stay at a healthy weight because I want to keep hiking and biking and all, and it's far easier and more enjoyable with less of me to lug around. :D

I admire you. You are a great example for all of us.

It probably isn't that much different from the others... It's just what has worked for Chryssie and I... I'm not familiar with the others... In lose it you select how many pounds you want to lose per week, think you can select between 1lbs, 1.5lbs, and 2lbs and it figures out your budget from there. You have a daily budget, and a weekly budget, so it pays to shoot for being under your daily budget, so if you want a treat end of the week it's not really a huge deal.
It sounds very much like the Fitbit app. I will download the app, since it's free. Can't hurt to check it out. Thanks!

Omg...I've been such a slug today! It's 3 pm and I never even got dressed. That NEVER happens...I have 482 steps so far! :rofl: Yesterday I had almost 12,000.

I am humiliated so I am going for a walk now before it gets dark.

Today I did not take my walk, as I was tired from a long day/night of work, but I plan on getting on the treadmill when I get home. I will be calling one of my best friends tonight, and we will be no doubt kvetching about the election, so I think I will walk while we talk (I know I will get all fired up again, hehe).

Reactions: Grayveggie
Today has been a complete fitness disaster. This morning I didn't feel good, stomach felt so heavy and yucky... I'm wondering if it's the powdered peanut butter I've been adding to my morning protein shake that's been kind of throwing me off. Needless to say I didn't feel like running or exercising and I've had a hunger that I've not really been able to shake. Here I am 635 calories over my daily calorie budget, and we haven't even had beer yet! :mad:

This weekend was pretty good exercise-wise. I walked before we left for our trip, and I used the hotel treadmill the next day. I did take yesterday off, as we were traveling back from Pennsylvania, and it was a longish drive, but I am back at it this week for sure.

So I'm under 135lbs now, and I still have a belly despite there being people that would swear up and down that I'm skinny... I would have to say that running this week has been a success. I've pushed it to sustaining an 8 minute mile, pretty funny because I can remember that not all that long ago I was struggling to sustain a 10 minute mile pace. My calorie burn per session is up to around 785. I really can't complain, except for absolutely hating rest days.

Status
Not open for further replies.