Vegan No-bake cheesecake

Amy Waggoner

Newcomer
Reaction score
Hey guys! I'm new to being a vegetarian - it was a switch that came about from some serious health concerns, so I'm starting to slowly navigate the waters to better health. I'm hoping this site will be a great tool for inspiration and motivation.

I found this great recipe for a super healthy no-bake cheesecake that my husband is in love with. I thought I'd share it with you guys to see what you thought, because it's too good to go unnoticed. In my house, we love desserts, so this is a must!

• 1 1/2 to 2 cups chocolate wafer cookie crumbs (depending on desired thickness of crust)
  • 5 Tbs melted butter or coconut oil
  • Substitute for 1 envelope of gelatine (agar agar)
  • 1 lemon
  • 3 Tbs water
  • 1/4 cup water
  • 2 packages (8 ounces each) light cream cheese, softened
  • 3/4 cup sugar
  • 1 tsp vanilla extract
  • 1 cup fat free plain Greek yogurt
  • 1/2 cup low fat milk
  • pomegranate seeds or raspberries for garnish

Last edited by a moderator:
Gelatin is an animal product, and neither vegetarian nor vegan. There are alternatives, like agar agar powder. It might even turn out okay to omit the gelatin altogether.

Thank you so much for that information! That's a great idea, and definitely something I'll have to try the next time I make this.

Hey guys! I'm new to being a vegetarian - it was a switch that came about from some serious health concerns, so I'm starting to slowly navigate the waters to better health. I'm hoping this site will be a great tool for inspiration and motivation.

I found this great recipe for a super healthy no-bake cheesecake that my husband is in love with. I thought I'd share it with you guys to see what you thought, because it's too good to go unnoticed. In my house, we love desserts, so this is a must!

• 1 1/2 to 2 cups chocolate wafer cookie crumbs (depending on desired thickness of crust)
  • 5 Tbs melted butter or coconut oil
  • Substitute for 1 envelope of gelatine (agar agar)
  • 1 lemon
  • 3 Tbs water
  • 1/4 cup water
  • 2 packages (8 ounces each) light cream cheese, softened
  • 3/4 cup sugar
  • 1 tsp vanilla extract
  • 1 cup fat free plain Greek yogurt
  • 1/2 cup low fat milk
  • pomegranate seeds or raspberries for garnish
You can see more of the recipe at Global Vegetarian - they've got some awesome recipes. Let me know what you think of it, and what other improvements or substitutions you've made along the way. I'd love to keep new ideas in my recipe box :)

Hello and welcome to the forum.

I think that it is a bit strange that a vegetarian site publishes recipes that contain animal products such as gelatine. Prehaps it would be a good idea to contact them and ask for clarification.
Furtermore, many processed foods that are available in supermarkets are not vegetarian friendly and the list is quite long.

Non-Vegetarian Foods to Watch Out For | No Meat Athlete

Thanks for the links, I really appreciate it. I have since contacted the site and they are aware of this mistake. I like the No Meat Athlete site. That's pretty cool! Any other good vegetarian sites you recommend?