Nikki and Dan Phillippi

Emma JC

Forum Legend
Reaction score
Lifestyle
  1. Vegan
I am not sure if any of you have seen the controversy in the social media world about Nikki and Dan Phillippi and the euthanizing of their dog. If you haven't just google their names and it will come up for sure.

I hadn't heard about until I saw a video from Cheap Lazy Vegan (Rose) about it yesterday and I thought her take on it and her reaction as a vegan was spot on. Take a listen if you have time.

Emma JC
Find your vegan soulmate or just a friend. www.spiritualmatchmaking.com

Having been a long time fan of Rose, I'm sort of amazed by how much she has... grown (?)... this past year or two.
also, maybe because her hands are generally utilized with spatulas and spoons, I've never noticed how much she uses her hands when she talks. Or maybe its because she is rarely this emotional about a topic.

Anyway I really liked her initial discussion on the background and generalities.

I hadn't heard of this situation, and I've never heard of the you tubers themselves. so I'm greatly disinterested in this situation. One dog. BFD. However I really liked Rose's "deep take". very spot on.

Reactions: Emma JC
I started to watch then realized how crazy long it is! I have no clue who any of them are, I got up to where I found the they had their dog killed because it was aggressive, and that was enough.....

But....what is about everybody talking about everybody on the internet? Particulary vegans! I remember there was some weird controversy about 'Vegan Gains" because he ... did something, or other.....

Are the two--Nicki and Dan--vegans? Why would they vlog about killing their dog?

Having been a long time fan of Rose, I'm sort of amazed by how much she has... grown (?)... this past year or two.
also, maybe because her hands are generally utilized with spatulas and spoons, I've never noticed how much she uses her hands when she talks. Or maybe its because she is rarely this emotional about a topic.

Anyway I really liked her initial discussion on the background and generalities.

I hadn't heard of this situation, and I've never heard of the you tubers themselves. so I'm greatly disinterested in this situation. One dog. BFD. However I really liked Rose's "deep take". very spot on.
What is "BFD"?

What is "BFD"?
Big F***ing Deal.
Maybe a little harsh. or blunt.
but all this angst over One Dog.
20 million animals were killed yesterday - Just in the US.

Are the two--Nicki and Dan--vegans? Why would they vlog about killing their dog?

I don't think they are vegans.
I think they just vlog about everything.
They seem to be very popular on Youtube.

Reactions: Emma JC
They are not vegan and that was Rose's point. The internet losing its mind over one couple putting down their dog and yet thousands of animals killed daily and no one cares except vegans.

Emma JC
Find your vegan soulmate or just a friend. www.spiritualmatchmaking.com

• Agree
Reactions: Lou