New year resolutions?

Bonjour. I got to Lesson Ten in my Teach Yourself French book last year, so this year I'm planning to get to Lesson Twenty. I think there's about thirty odd lessons so that'll keep me going for a couple more years. :sweat:

Reactions: Forest Nymph
Ah. Learning a language, I tried that awhile ago.. Frustrating.

Why French?

Reactions: forkandveg
I've learnt it so much over the years I thought I'd try and do it properly. According to my sister who lived in Madrid for thirty odd years, Spanish and Italian come easier with a French basis. Plus we have European family connections and it might be nice one day to live in a warm part of France.

Hahaha @damo
I like your new years resolution! I work as a graphic designer so I know what you mean

I love @Annabellam comment. Same here.
I am doing my best in everything this year and the next year and every year that comes.

Reactions: Damo
To be kind to myself, keep up the great gym routine I have established in the last couple of months and to worry less about things I can't control.

Reactions: Forest Nymph
Decrease my oil intake (not oil-free, just more oil-free recipes during the week) because when I first went vegan I saw oil free as oppressive since I was already vegan, but I can see the merits in eating less oil. I also want to have a more sustainable food and drinks budget. I'm still in an L.A. frame of mind and that just won't do as a college student, especially since I want to travel a little in the summer. I decided that buying an Instant Pot, and maybe an air fryer, would be good investments for both resolutions - I can cook all those oil-free Instant Pot recipes cheaply or affordably, and an air fryer might save money over the long run (I'm still not sure about the air fryer).

Reactions: ScienceGal7
I have a few:
Eat less processed food/lose 15 pounds.
Volunteer more.
Haul out the basement/bedrooms and really purge a lot of things that I don't need/wear/use anymore.
Do a few craft shows to sell crocheted and knitted items/possibly set up an Etsy shop.

Cut the fats and salt. It will mean more meal prep for work but hopefully that won't be too difficult.
Keep emotional distance at work - these colleagues are not friends despite how they like to appear.
Look for a new job.
Try not to be too hard on other people.