New year resolutions?

Sally

Forum Legend
Reaction score
Lifestyle
  1. Vegan
Bonjour. I got to Lesson Ten in my Teach Yourself French book last year, so this year I'm planning to get to Lesson Twenty. I think there's about thirty odd lessons so that'll keep me going for a couple more years. :sweat:

Reactions: Forest Nymph
OP
OP
Damo

Damo

Forum Legend
Reaction score
Ah. Learning a language, I tried that awhile ago.. Frustrating.

Why French?

Reactions: forkandveg

Sally

Forum Legend
Reaction score
Lifestyle
  1. Vegan
I've learnt it so much over the years I thought I'd try and do it properly. According to my sister who lived in Madrid for thirty odd years, Spanish and Italian come easier with a French basis. Plus we have European family connections and it might be nice one day to live in a warm part of France.

The Master Of Design

Forum Practitioner
Reaction score
Lifestyle
  1. Vegan
Hahaha @damo
I like your new years resolution! I work as a graphic designer so I know what you mean

I love @Annabellam comment. Same here.
I am doing my best in everything this year and the next year and every year that comes.

Reactions: Damo

Lux

Forum Novice
Reaction score
Lifestyle
  1. Vegan
To be kind to myself, keep up the great gym routine I have established in the last couple of months and to worry less about things I can't control.

Reactions: Forest Nymph

Forest Nymph

Forum Legend
Reaction score
Lifestyle
  1. Vegan
Decrease my oil intake (not oil-free, just more oil-free recipes during the week) because when I first went vegan I saw oil free as oppressive since I was already vegan, but I can see the merits in eating less oil. I also want to have a more sustainable food and drinks budget. I'm still in an L.A. frame of mind and that just won't do as a college student, especially since I want to travel a little in the summer. I decided that buying an Instant Pot, and maybe an air fryer, would be good investments for both resolutions - I can cook all those oil-free Instant Pot recipes cheaply or affordably, and an air fryer might save money over the long run (I'm still not sure about the air fryer).

Reactions: ScienceGal7