Nutrition & Diet New vegan

radagast683

Newcomer
Reaction score
Hey all, Ive been a vegetarian for a long time been vegan on and off thinking about trying it again but every time i do i have issues peeling fingernails and such i was thinking about doing a primarily raw vegan diet and was wondering if anyone had any experience with it.

I have no experience with a primarily raw vegan diet. However, I will offer my opinion anyway :) Some raw food is probably a good thing, but I think it gets difficult to stick with a primarily raw vegan diet in the long run.

Bad fingernails can be due to lack of (complete) protein, calcium and vitamin D, like I mentioned in the other thread. Beans, lentils, chickpeas, peanuts and seitan provide those limiting amino acids needed for "complete protein" in a vegan diet. Not sure how you plan to get that on a primarily raw vegan diet?

One of the best sources of calcium is fortified soya milk.

Vitamin D you can get by exposing your skin to reasonable amounts of sunshine. For those parts of the year when that is not possible at high/low latitudes and in cool and cloudy weather, supplements are the best option.

Reactions: ledboots