New Vegan Weightloss

Helen Louise

Newcomer
Reaction score
Lifestyle
  1. Vegan newbie
Hi everyone! So I became vegan just under four weeks ago from a full blown meat eater - no transition period.

I have however dropped a dress size from a uk12 to uk10. I was average weight to begin with and I haven't exactly been dieting as such as a vegan just Trying out lots of different new recipes.

I'm scared I'm missing something and I don't want to be dropping weight unhealthily. Don't get me wrong I'm not complaining but I'm just scared about the health impacts of I were to continue the way I am.

Or am I just completely freaking out over nothing and this is normal when changing straight from meat eater to vegan?

Thanks in advance!

Hello Helen Louise,

As long as you are eating the correct caloric amount every day, I think you can expect your weight to begin stabilising quite soon. You need to remember that vegan foods aren't as calorie-dense as non-vegan foods, so in terms of volume you do need to eat more on a vegan diet (i.e. make your stomach feel more full than you are perhaps used to). You can use a tracker like www.cronometer.com if you want to be doubly sure you are getting what you need.

New vegans often report various kinds of dramatic changes within the first few weeks, and then these start to settle.

Hope that helps! :)