1. Other
500 g new potatoes
300 g trimmed mange tout (snow peas) trimmed
3 tbs pesto
a few sprigs of fresh basil
3 - 4 tbs evo
1 tbs cider vinegar
salt & freshly ground pepper

Cook the new potatoes according to instruction (15 -18 minutes) and drain.
Cook the mange tout for 2 - 3 mins, drain and place in very cold water.
Add the evo, vinegar, salt & pepper to the pesto and mix.
Add 1/2 of the amount onto the warm potatoes and stir gently.
Add the mangetout, drizzle the remaining pesto. Chill slightly but this salad is
really best at room temperature.
Add a few chopped basil leaves before serving.

I read that as trout! I was very confused for a minute there.:fp:

I also have never heard snow peas called tout before. Interesting.

OMG MANGE TOUT AREN'T EVEN WHAT I THOUGHT THEY WERE

I'm thinking of petit pois. My life makes so much more sense now.

Clicked on the link just to see what mange tout was. I also read trout at first, the mange part made me picture a dog with mange.
Usually I like the names foods are called in other countries (aubergine is so much nice than eggplant), but not this one. :no:
I love snow peas and wouldn't want to picture a sick dog every time I said the name.

Reactions: KLS52
Clicked on the link just to see what mange tout was. I also read trout at first, the mange part made me picture a dog with mange.
Usually I like the names foods are called in other countries (aubergine is so much nice than eggplant), but not this one. :no:
I love snow peas and wouldn't want to picture a sick dog every time I said the name.
If it makes it better, it is pronounced mahnge rather than with a long 'a' like range. :D

Should I change the thread title to New Potato and flat stringless pea pod & Basil salad ? :D

No, leave it the way it is. It'll draw in the less worldly, but curious people like myself. :p

If it makes it better, it is pronounced mahnge rather than with a long 'a' like range. :D

That helps somewhat. :yes:

Me too! Along with the fish part.

Snow peas are so addicting. Way better than a bag of chips. I would choose a bag of fresh, crisp, sweet snow peas any day over any other normal prepackaged snack. Fast food places should offer a side of snow peas like they do with fries! Hmm.. raw snow pea fries.
Like mangia means eat in Italian! :D

Plus in Italian, you have to have the hand gesture to go with it. :D

:yes: My grandmother: "Mangia, mangia!!" constantly whenever I see her. With the hand gesture of course.