US New items at Trader Joe's

I could but I’m not there yet as far as “making friends”. I need to take baby steps. The two women that I really took to right away will be the ones I can see myself doing stuff with eventually. Our plan is to “have coffee” at one at their homes soon. Then I want to ask them if they want to go to the state park for an hour or two and walk around.
I don’t want to wait too long for TJs so I’ll probably drag husband. Whole Foods is right across the street from there too so I can do both.
You are correct with regard to the cost of petrol. One good thing is, since doing curbside pick up at Stop and Shop every 5-7 days, I earn rewards that I can use for gas. I get anywhere from 50 cents to $1.50 off per gallon! It’s amazing. Since we rarely go anywhere we don’t use a lot of gas anyway. Not that I should be wasting gas on unnecessary trips, of course. I’m just not ready to sit in a car for that long with new people. 🙂
I bet there are interesting stops on the way! Plan your trip, bring a cooler and buy ice for after the shop and you should have a nice day trip!
Be sure to check this thread for ideas. My list is
Soy chorizo--keeps in freezer so long. tacos, enchiladas, chili, dips, and just mixed in with rice is soooo good and easy
All sorts of tofu
tempeh
Jackfruit (if not at Asian grocery)
Edamame
Bagged dark greens I now keep in freezer
Shelf stable soy beverage
canned dolmas

• Love
Reactions: KLS52
I hadn't realized that the Peanut Butter-Filled Pretzel Nuggets were vegan (I just looked I up).
but now they have a friend.

Almond Butter Filled Pretzel Nuggets!

I have not tried either yet. I'm not even sure I would like them but I think I will try them. Just to see.

Reactions: PTree15 and David3

I think the following new items are vegan. you may want to check the ingredients and get back to us.

Crisp Crunchy Crisps Pea & Chickpea Snacks
Crispy Crunchy Champignon Mushroom Snacks
Matcha Green Tea Japanese Noodles
Almond Flour Tortillas
Thai Style Green Chili Sauce

These are vegan

Pulled Jackfruit in Smoky BBQ Sauce
Vegan Pasta Bolognese Bowl
Calrose Rice
Ajika Georgian Seasoning Blend
Vegan Bolognese Style Pasta Sauce

I have not gone to tj in so long, it is a bit far for me. I just want the pickle mustard. Two o my fave things in one.

The almond flour tortillas sound nice. Shop bough pulled jackfruit is always disappointing due to the high sugar/vinegar content.

I got this popcorn last trip and loved it, my son hated it because of the smokey, it was exactly the tastes described-
1622236079712.png

Reactions: Lou
No Trader Joes here but the Aldi's in my work plaza is coming along. The signs were put on the building the other day and Aldi as been added to the big plaza sign. I hope this store is nicer than the other one!

Reactions: shyvas
No Trader Joes here but the Aldi's in my work plaza is coming along. The signs were put on the building the other day and Aldi as been added to the big plaza sign. I hope this store is nicer than the other one!
Oh! If it's new it should be much better! When they remodeled ours we got so much more!

Reactions: Chryssie
The almond flour tortillas sound nice. Shop bough pulled jackfruit is always disappointing due to the high sugar/vinegar content.
I was wondering about that. I had a pulled jackfruit sandwich from a food truck at a music festival once, and it was great. I need to have jackfruit more often. I found plain canned jackfruit that I used for a shepherd's pie, and it was pretty good.

Reactions: shyvas
I was wondering about that. I had a pulled jackfruit sandwich from a food truck at a music festival once, and it was great. I need to have jackfruit more often. I found plain canned jackfruit that I used for a shepherd's pie, and it was pretty good.

I also like jackfruit and have 2 tins left from my previous H&B order. I think that I'll make some corn tortillas with smokey pulled jackfruit and lots of guac.:D

This recipe reminded me of you as I know that you like crab fritters/cakes!

TJ's new summer line up.
Lots of vegan things on this list.

TJ's now has Impossible Burgers?!

I think I will try the pulled Jackfruit. Just to see.

And I will def try the Vegan Enchilada Casserole and the Chickpea Masala Salad. but I suspect they will both be too spicy for me.

Oh, I went there at 8am this morning. is was really slow. So I got to chat with the checker.

No Almond Milk Chocolate but its just a temporary thing. Still no soy milk in the refrigerated section so I asked about it - they said that it was they had to get a new vendor in the middle of the pandemic and the new vendor has "supply line issues". I'm assuming they have to wait till they harvest the soybeans. :)

Oh and they let you bring your own bags and bag your groceries again. They may lift their mask mandate on June 15 but they are waiting for more clearcut guidelines before they announce it.

And I will def try the Vegan Enchilada Casserole and the Chickpea Masala Salad. but I suspect they will both be too spicy for me.
The enchilada casserole was NOT too spicy. but it wasn't very good either.

TJ's employees are no longer to wear masks if they are fully vaccinated. At least at my store.

I know I've mentioned the Bon Bons before. I still haven't tried them but I think this flavor is new and its going on my list.

Reactions: HappyRoxy
OH! and still no soy milk in the refrigerated section.
And still can't find the Almond Milk Chocolate bars.